HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

General Rules
     Getting Started
     Announcements
     Roleplay Characters
     Advertise

Common Room
     Dining Chamber
     Basement
     Inside the Palace
     Grounds

To/from Palace
     Diagon Alley
     Villeneuve
     Other

Members Lounge
     Contests
     Art & Writings

The current year is 2012.

It's currently winter.
The high is 43°F (6°C), with strong winds.
RPG-Directory

Playtime ((Open for all))

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Avalyne Trudeau

Avalyne Trudeau

Playtime ((Open for all)) Empty
PostSubject: Playtime ((Open for all))   Playtime ((Open for all)) EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 9:46 am

Avalyne stretched and felt the brisk breeze caress her skin. Despite her disdain for the cold, she couldn't deny how perfect conditions were for winter flying. She retrieved the chest of Quidditch balls and left it unopened on the sidelines of the field. Her auburn hair plaited down her back and clad in deep scarlet robes, she mounted her broom and kicked off from the ground hard. Soaring was exhilarating and as the field below grew smaller, the rush increased. She had the altitude she wanted, but not the speed. Not yet, anyways.

She leaned into her broom, streamlining her body to the broomstick and curved to the left. She darted and swooped so low her toes were brushing the grass, only to climb back up to the tops of the stands and hover for a moment, looking down at the pitch and then over her shoulder at the palace. For a moment, she thought she could even see the stables where the groundskeeper kept the flying horses.

When she was that high, it didn't matter that she was the only one on the pitch-- it was still playtime. Avalyne hoped that Chlo wouldn't be much longer in meeting her, but she wouldn't mind if other students came and joined in. Quidditch always was more fun with fuller teams in Ava's opinion. She adjusted her gloves and wrist guards as she hovered and grinned to herself when the sun decided to peek from behind the clouds.

"At least it isn't going to rain," she said to herself with a chuckle, relaxing against her broom and enjoying the view. It was difficult not to enjoy herself. She stretched outwards and then up, cracking her knuckles as she did and rolled her neck from side to side. It was like being untouchable.
Back to top Go down
Chlo Aurelis

Chlo Aurelis

PostSubject: Re: Playtime ((Open for all))   Playtime ((Open for all)) EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 10:08 am

Chlo grasped her Lightspeed 500 in her hand and raised her head, she grinned upon seeing her friend already in the air. It was windy and Chlo was pleased that she'd had the notion to braid her hair. She looked left and right checking to see if any other students were about. It was strange to find it so empty, especially as the weather wasn't being to troublesome.

Chlo swung her left leg over the broom and pushed up lightly hovering in the air for a few seconds. She smiled lightly touching back down on the ground. Nothing had change, everything felt the same even though it had been so long since she'd had a chance too fly. She waved at Avalyne, and then kicked off hard. Chlo gasped and then giggled wildly. They didn't call it Lightspeed for no reason.

Chlo leant forward so their was no gap between herslef and the broom. Like they were one. Whilst Chlo was infintely more graceful in the air, she imagined Avalyne would best her at that. But what she didn't have in grace, she made up for in recklessness, and her gymnastics background meant that she could throw herself around on the broom, and perform stunts, most of them taught by her brother. SHe gripped her broom tighter, her knuckles whitening.

She smiled upon reaching Avalyne. "Hey!" She greeted, stroking the wood of her broom. "What do you want to do first?" She asked, bouncing excitedly on her broom.
Back to top Go down
Avalyne Trudeau

Avalyne Trudeau

PostSubject: Re: Playtime ((Open for all))   Playtime ((Open for all)) EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 10:21 am

Ava grinned and tucked a stray hair behind her ear, her cheeks and nose flushed from the chill in the wind. "You have a Lightspeed 500? Ugh, I'm jealous," she called with a laugh. She watched Chlo lean almost dangerously into her turns and marveled at her daring. That word seemed to come to mind a lot when Avalyne thought of her new friend-- daring. the younger girl started to wonder what other tricks Chlo had picked up. The most Ava had was her agility and grace. She waved and smiled broadly.

"What kind of tricks can you do?" she called out, flying halfway to meet the third year student. "Can you broom-surf?" The second year was giddy and couldn't hide it, not when she was so comfortable in the air. "I mean, the most I can do is dive and weave, but I can't really do much around my broom," she said in one breath. Then she canted her head and smiled. "But," Avalyne began. "If you'd like, we can get the balls out and get some practice in. I brought the chest out." She pointed down at the dark brown speck on the right sideline of the pitch. "It's your call, though."
Back to top Go down
Chlo Aurelis

Chlo Aurelis

PostSubject: Re: Playtime ((Open for all))   Playtime ((Open for all)) EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 10:38 am

Chlo blushed, it had been the only thing she had for at christmas. She rarely asked for things but Chlo had seen it an... It was love at first sight, "Um yeah... for Christmas." She smiled.

Chlo grinned, "Yeah I can broom surf, though I've never done it really high up, my Mother gets really panicky... I prefer doing flips and stuff; like throwing myself off the broom, and then landing back on it. It helps when I'm trying to avoid a particulalry nasty Bludger." She explained, "Gymnastics." She said simply, hoping that explained it. "I'm more natural up here, more graceful... sometimes... but it's like you're swimming through the air Avalyne!" She chuckled appraisingly, Chlo liked to be reckless, but with Avalyne everything seemed to come naturally.

Chlo listened as Ava suggested getting the balls out for a practice, pointing to the chest she had already brought out. Chlo smiled deviously. "Sure." She chuckled, "Last one to the chest is a heap of dragons dung!" She chortled, kicking forwards on her broom.
Back to top Go down
Avalyne Trudeau

Avalyne Trudeau

PostSubject: Re: Playtime ((Open for all))   Playtime ((Open for all)) EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 11:04 am

Avalyne's eyes were wide and bright when her friend talked about all the stunts she could pull on and off her broom mid-flight. The most Ava could boast was that she was agile and quick. Stunt work was one thing that was anything but natural to Ava. She began to wonder just what kinds of stunts Chlo would pull during try-outs. She laughed nervously. "Yeah, just like swimming, except when you fall you break something important."

When Chlo dove, so did Ava. She hugged her body to her broom and gained a little more speed, managing to keep up with the third year girl. Just when she thought it would be a tie, Avalyne heard Chlo's feet hit the ground. Had she left just a second earlier, it would have been a tie. She laughed it off and wrinkled her nose. "Guess that makes me the dragon's dung," she joked, hovering with her toes grazing the field.
Back to top Go down
Chlo Aurelis

Chlo Aurelis

PostSubject: Re: Playtime ((Open for all))   Playtime ((Open for all)) EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 11:14 am

Chlo pushed on forward harshly, tearing her broom up abrputly, and reached the ground giggling, "Yeah, I don't think swimming is that dangerous... except for the deadly diving board" She chuckled darkly "... ave you ever broken anything?" She asked interestedly, flipping open the chest. "I broke my wrist once, not falling though. My brother hit a bludger at me." She said, flicking her wrist matter-of-factly.

Chlo hugged her friend, "No... you could never be dragons dung!" She cried dramatically. "Ok then so so you want, hunt the snitch, released the bludgers, do some keeper work with the quaffle?" She asked, "or all at once?" She chuckled. She had tried that once, playing all positions at once, it was exciting to say the least, but she had gone to bed aching that night, and had been told off by her parents for being so careless the next morning. Her siblings had gotten off scot-free though. She pushed them from her mind and re-adjusted her gloves, and checked that hair wasn't coming loose from the braid. "So... Which one?" She smiled, wondering what Ava would pick.

Back to top Go down
Avalyne Trudeau

Avalyne Trudeau

PostSubject: Re: Playtime ((Open for all))   Playtime ((Open for all)) EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 11:36 am

Avalyne crossed her legs, hovering side-saddle and shook her head. "Not unless you count toes. The worst I've done was sprain my wrist playing keeper. Misjudged a dive and landed in a shrubbery. But I ended up breaking my toes two dance seasons ago. Never a good idea to see how many turns you can do en point with really old point slippers."

She chuckled and hugged her friend back. "You're too kind, but you did win."

Ava looked over the balls and pursed her lips in concentration. "Keeper/Chaser would make sense since you're trying out for Chaser position, or I could hit Bludgers in your general direction and see how that works out," she hummed, stroking her chin. "I'm thinking quaffle work, honestly."
Back to top Go down
Chlo Aurelis

Chlo Aurelis

PostSubject: Re: Playtime ((Open for all))   Playtime ((Open for all)) EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 11:53 am

Chlo shuddered at the thought of breaking her toes, "you do Ballet, then?" She smiled excitedly.

Chlo nodded her head, "I did win, but I'd never be friends with a heap of dragons dung... could you imagine what that would smell like on a summers day." She chuckled, "nope. You are defintely not dragon dung." She smile, sniffing the air pointedly.

"Ok, quaffle work sounds good to me... aren't you trying out for Chaser?" She asked, "There are three chaser positions after all." She smiled encouraginly, "you fly well." She added, pulling the quaffle and bats out. "Perhaps we can wait a while before you start knocking bludgers my way... I need to get used to being in the air." She chuckled, Chlo really didn't want to end up with any broken bones.

"You ready?" She asked Avalyne, hovering of the ground, "we can warm up first if you like, do a couple of laps, or do you feel ready to go?" She inquired, trying not to let her excitement get the better of her.
Back to top Go down
Avalyne Trudeau

Avalyne Trudeau

PostSubject: Re: Playtime ((Open for all))   Playtime ((Open for all)) EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 10:22 pm

Ava cackled and nodded slowly, still mounted on her broomstick as if it were a horse and she were in a crinoline hoop skirt. Not much could bring her down now. "I've been dancing since I was four, but ballet is kind of my thing." She still couldn't help grinning. "Dragon dung must smell like Old English roses then," she teased. The winds were starting to change, but that would hardly affect their flying if they were smart.

As graceful as she could, she swung her leg back over to the other side of her broom stick and held her arms open, keeping her shoulders squared and hands close to her center. "Quaffle it is, then! I just want to play, really. I don't mind what position I play, so long as it isn't Seeker." Avalyne nodded for Chlo to toss her the large, red soccer ball and continued to explain. "That's just too much pressure, you know? The entire game rides on that one person catching that tiny, flying walnut. And if he doesn't, the game just doesn't end. Who'd want that kind of pressure on their shoulders?" she chuckled.

When Chlo mentioned needing to get used to being back in the air, Ava nodded and cast her a sidelong glance. Perhaps it was a sign-- maybe beating just wasn't going to be a good fit. "Passing couldn't hurt. You could show off some of your stunts," she grinned, soaring higher.

Back to top Go down
Tommy Eriksson

Tommy Eriksson

PostSubject: Re: Playtime ((Open for all))   Playtime ((Open for all)) EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 11:50 pm

After leaving the lake, Tommy wandered over by the quidditch field. It was still early but he did not expect to see anyone out, but as he neared he realised two young girls were either just starting out or had just landed. They looked as if they were about to take off and Tommy stopped where he was just to watch them. He had hardly been on a broom since leaving school . . and it took him back to his own school days. He had been in his third year and had played through to his last year as a chaser but even though he had been offered the chance, he had not wanted to be captain. Mainly because he barely had enough time for quidditch without the added time he would have had to find to be Captain.

It was a decision he had never regretted. But still watching the two girls gave him fond memories. Belanger by the looks of their uniform, but from where he stood he could not see who they were or hear what they were saying. It was not really within in him to wander over to talk to them . . they were students ans as far as he was concerned he had nothing in common with them. They were not doing anything wrong so he let them be.

He had other things to worry about. . like Belle and Astrid. One his heart had chosen and one whom he offended last night. He would need to go an apologise to Astrid , he knew that but not until he had spoken to Belle. It was her he needed forgiveness off more.

He wondered is she had found his note yet. Probably not . . she had been down at the lake talking to Astrid. She could not have got back to her office that quick. Unless she stopped by there first. Bloody Hell he thought . . he was out of his depth here and it did not feel good.

With a sigh, Tommy took one last look at the girls and wandered off.. . not even thinking to yell out to them that class would be starting soon. He was sure they would know and come in when it was time.

Maybe he would drop in on Belle at lunch . . trouble is he did not know where she would be. He really needed to know her schedule so made his way back to the castle and headed straight for the staff room for he knew everyones schedule was up on the notice board.

((don't worry about me girls . . just wanted a quick interlude))
Back to top Go down
Chlo Aurelis

Chlo Aurelis

PostSubject: Re: Playtime ((Open for all))   Playtime ((Open for all)) EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 4:49 pm

Chlo chuckled at her friend, "Ballet looks really difficult." She said honestly, spinning on the tips of her toes, did not sound pleasant at all, but she could see the beauty in it, and that was enough for her.

Chlo nodded in agreement, "Ah, I like playing seeker, sure there's more pressure but..." Chlo couldn't really explain it. She adored the freedom of it, you really only relied on yourself, and her independence leapt at it. "Never mind, chaser is my position... I do like the idea of being the first one to ever touch the snitch though." She smiled, gripping the quaffle tightly, and kicking herself of the ground, and flying up slowly so she could continue to talk to Avalyne.

"Ok... we do a couple of passes back and forth, gradually increasing the distance between them, and then we can do some shots?" She asked, the excitement building in her. Chlo really couldn't wait for the adrenaline to hit, and veered to the right, spinning to face Avalyne head on.

"Are you ready?" She challenged, smirking. "Lets see just how graceful you are in the air" She smiled, wiggling her eyebrows.
Back to top Go down
Avalyne Trudeau

Avalyne Trudeau

PostSubject: Re: Playtime ((Open for all))   Playtime ((Open for all)) EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 1:02 am

Avalyne stretched her arms and rolled her shoulders out. "It's a lot of training," she admitted. It was a lot of sore muscles, long practices, and back to back clinics, but she enjoyed it more than she lead on. If she didn't, why else would she keep going back for more? "If you'd like to get away for a summer, maybe you could talk your mother into letting you come to clinic with me. It'd be a lot of fun, and the company does more than ballet," Ava offered with a grin. She rolled her wrists out next.

"I still wouldn't mind keeper. We'll see what slots are open." The second year hummed and nodded, hovering so she could wait for Chlo. After her suggestion, she flew a few yards away and held her hands up. "Sounds good to me," she called. "We can see just how reckless you are!"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Playtime ((Open for all))   Playtime ((Open for all)) Empty

Back to top Go down

Playtime ((Open for all))

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1