HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

General Rules
     Getting Started
     Announcements
     Roleplay Characters
     Advertise

Common Room
     Dining Chamber
     Basement
     Inside the Palace
     Grounds

To/from Palace
     Diagon Alley
     Villeneuve
     Other

Members Lounge
     Contests
     Art & Writings

The current year is 2012.

It's currently winter.
The high is 43°F (6°C), with strong winds.
RPG-Directory

Salle de classe 36 (extra credit for students)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mademoiselle Belle

Mademoiselle Belle

Salle de classe 36 (extra credit for students)  Empty
PostSubject: Salle de classe 36 (extra credit for students)    Salle de classe 36 (extra credit for students)  EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 8:35 pm

Salle de classe 36 (extra credit for students)  Potionoffice

Belle looked around the room . . it had been empty for a bit and she had got the idea just last week. So she had come down after class to find the perfect room. This one has seemed to suit her needs and she had proceeded to fit it out with furniture. Like the stories of King Arthur she started with a round table and sat some black chairs around it.

Not too much decor . . this was not a potions class . . so just a cabinet to one side and few things laid upon it. Perfect she thought as she stood back and surveyed the room. Cosy but not too cosy, after all she would be teaching them of sinister things. But they needed to know . .

She had decided to not set this one up in her class . . purely for the fact it was not an ordinary class. There was no straight out homework here . . this was a discussion group . . for the students who wanted to make a little extra credit.

This will be no ordinary discussion though . . Here they would learn of poisons and the ingredients that were used in them. . . and they would learn . . for they had to be ready . .

Open to all students who wish to earn some bonus points. This is a discussion class tied with both Potions and Botany . . and even in a way to Defense. Its just for a bit of fun and who knows, you might actually learn something. So come and take a seat and join me for some RP and lets see where we can take it.
Back to top Go down
Avalyne Trudeau

Avalyne Trudeau

PostSubject: Re: Salle de classe 36 (extra credit for students)    Salle de classe 36 (extra credit for students)  EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 10:44 pm

The door was heavy as Avalyne gently pushed it open. Was this even the right classroom? She raised a thin, dark brow slightly and poked her head into the room, taking a tentative glance to get her bearings. It certainly didn't look like a classroom to her-- perhaps more like a group study or lounge. Quietly as she could, Ava slipped into the classroom, the only noise being the soft clicking of her uniform shoes connecting with the stone tiles on the floor. Her hair was down for a change, side parted with a thin, long braid keeping her hair from her face. With wide and curious eyes, the second year wandered until she found the round table.

"Hello?" she called, dropping her bag on one of the chairs seated at the table. I must be the first one here... Ava pursed her lips slightly and twisted the end of her braid in her fingers. "Anyone..?"

With a shrug, she slipped into her seat and pulled a book from her messenger bag-- Handbook of Hippogriff Psychology. She found her place and continued reading. Ava crossed her ankles under the table and hummed a bit of the second movement of an obscure ballet; she couldn't quite remember which season it was played, but that it had a soft, lilting part for the strings section, almost like what autumn would sound like if it were an orchestral composition. Her voice couldn't do it justice, but it still made the small classroom feel a little less empty.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle Belle

Mademoiselle Belle

PostSubject: Re: Salle de classe 36 (extra credit for students)    Salle de classe 36 (extra credit for students)  EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 9:00 pm

Belle was just finishing up a few things down the back when she looked up. she had heard something . . maybe a student she thought, for she still had not contacted Thomas about this discussion. She knew she should, it had been his idea in the first place but she just did not want to have to deal with him at the moment.

"Why hello there Miss Trudeau . . I am glad you could make it today. . " Belle said with a warm smile as she came out from the shadows. The girl had been humming something but nothing she had ever heard off.

"What is that you are reading " she asked coming up to the girl to have a look "Psychology of Hippogriff. . goodness me. . whatever for " she laughed. She had seen one and one only in her 6th year at Hogwarts and had not liked the things at all. Animals were not really her thing.

"So Avalyne . . do you have any idea what these discussions might be about . . " she asked as she took a seat next to her. When a few more students turned up she would move to the top of the table but for now she was happy to sit here and find out just how much the girl already knew.
Back to top Go down
Avalyne Trudeau

Avalyne Trudeau

PostSubject: Re: Salle de classe 36 (extra credit for students)    Salle de classe 36 (extra credit for students)  EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 9:26 pm

Avalyne continued to read and hum softly, the motive breaking as she turned the crisp pages of her book. It was a gift, and a difficult read, but with her youngest brother's most recent "rescue" her aunt thought it would help if someone in the family knew what to expect when the hatchling began wandering outside of its makeshift nest. Engrossed, Ava lost track of her surroundings. She gave a jump and dropped her book onto the table.

"Professor," she sighed, clutching her chest. Her ears were turning red, so she quickly covered them with her hair and flashed Mademoiselle Belle a smile. Her humming stopped and she closed her book, resting her hand on the cover. "I didn't hear you come in." Avalyne brushed her skirt under the table and watched the potions mistress make her way to the table and glance at her book.

"A favor," she chuckled. "My younger siblings bring things home sometimes..." her voice trailed. The second year shook her head and cracked her knuckles as quietly she could. As cozy as the room was, it still felt like a place someone could get lost in.

"I was under the impression," she began, turning to face her professor. "That the discussions would be about more advanced potions. Perhaps things that can't really be discussed in an official classroom setting."
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle Belle

Mademoiselle Belle

PostSubject: Re: Salle de classe 36 (extra credit for students)    Salle de classe 36 (extra credit for students)  EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 11:37 pm

Belle had not wanted to startle the girl, but she gave a smile. She knew what it was like to be so involved in something, was was quite unaware of things happening around them. She herself had been guilty of such things in her youth and even today would sometimes slip into another world with what she was doing.

"Younger siblings eh . . tell me are they boys or girls and how old " she asked. other than one little thing in class, Belle was quite impressed with this young lady. She was smart and quite pretty . . in a few years she would no doubt be sending a few young men's heart aflutter.

"Yes and no " she started when Avalyne told her what she thought the discussions were about. "It was actually Monsieur Eriksson who first brought it my attention . . that one subject in particular was part of both our classes. That should give you some clue . . you see we will diving into more the Dark Potions. " Belle told her. She was hoping this bit of news might spark some interest.

"Now we will not be learning of such potions . . that would be very wrong of me . . more we will learn of the ingredients that go into such potions. Do you remember that It told you how important it was to know ones ingredients. What would you do if someone poisoned you . . if you can identify the ingredients used then what hope do you have of making an antidote. " she told the young Belangar girl.

"In my NEWTS test, I was given such a potion. I had to drink it then I had one hour to make and drink the antidote. I am sure it would not have killed me, but I would have failed and I am sure it would made me very sick. It is important to know, to take such a potion and smell it, taste it and know what poison was used. For that was most dark potions are . . now that reminds me . . " Belle said with a sigh. Though she had forgotten, more she had put the importance of it to the bottom of the list.

"Seeing as how it was originally Monsieur Erikssons idea, then perhaps we should let him know we are here. Would you be a dear and pop along to his office and let him know while I finish setting up here. " she asked the young girl as she got up. She still needed to get out the herbs she woulod talking about first.

Back to top Go down
Avalyne Trudeau

Avalyne Trudeau

PostSubject: Re: Salle de classe 36 (extra credit for students)    Salle de classe 36 (extra credit for students)  EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 12:04 am

Avalyne chewed her lip and nodded slightly. "Three brothers and a new sister..." she replied. "Nik's eleven, Caden's nine, and Rylie's six...and they all love 'rescuing' eggs and animals. Netta's almost five months old, I think." The Belanger girl rambled and then stopped herself. Clicking her heels under her seat, she shifted in the chair and watched Belle with wide eyes.

Herr Erikkson would be doing joint discussions with Mademoiselle Belle. The news sent a small, apprehensive shiver down her spine. "So...poisons," she said slowly, watching the professor's face for a response. She listened intently and nodded at the mention of knowing one's ingredients. It made sense, like knowing the theory behind why a spell works before putting it into practice. Ava pressed her lips together in a hard line, her brows raised in surprise.

"They really made you drink a potion and then make the antidote from just figuring out what you drank?" Incredulity dripped from her voice and her body had raised slightly out of the chair. She leaned against the table on flat palms and sighed. NEWTS were huge, but she had barely thought about OWLs. She lowered back into her seat and collected her thoughts back to the task at hand. "So, this will all be...theory and discussion. No actual practicing," she said, her intonation not changing, but the look in her eyes making it a question.

Ava nodded and steeled her nerves. "Yes, Mademoiselle Belle. I'll let him know about the lesson." Collecting her belongings, she carried her book and pulled her bag over her shoulder. With a parting curtsy, she turned around and left the classroom, all the while picking at her cuticles. It was going to be a long walk indeed.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle Belle

Mademoiselle Belle

PostSubject: Re: Salle de classe 36 (extra credit for students)    Salle de classe 36 (extra credit for students)  EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 12:22 am

3 brothers and a sister. That seemed like a huge family to Belle who had grown up alone. Well she had once had a sister but it had been long ago and while Belle still thought about her she no longer missed her. It had hell at the time . . the nightmares and that feeling that she had been at fault. But it wasn't . . cot death was just cot death.

"They sound like a great family " Belle said as she watched the girls reaction to the fact they would be learning about poisons. It was priceless. " yes they made us drink it. " she smiled. It had not been so bad for she had managed it but she still remembered those that had not and had been taken from the Great Hall on a stretcher.

"Theory and Discussion mostly . . there a couple of potions we might dive into a bit more but that will depend on participation " Belle told her, noticing the slight disappointment, but potions was for classes and this was not a class.

She had to laugh when Avalyne gave her a curtsy. It was quite strange for anyone to be that polite and in many ways it disturbed her. She would have a quick talk to her when she got back.

Smiling she got up and made her way to the back to collect the first 4 herbs she would be teaching them about. Her thought turned to Thomas though. . what would she be disturbing him from she wondered. She had specifically chosen this time of the night so it did not conflict with anything else.

When she was done she took them back to the table and sat down and waited for Avalyne to get back. Hopefully with Thomas in tow . . she smiled at the thought.
Back to top Go down
Avalyne Trudeau

Avalyne Trudeau

PostSubject: Re: Salle de classe 36 (extra credit for students)    Salle de classe 36 (extra credit for students)  EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 1:42 pm

Avalyne lead Herr Eriksson to the basements without a word. The door was left ajar. Quietly, she stepped over the threshold and made her way back to the round table. "Mademoiselle Belle, he's here."

She deposited her bag under her seat and sat down. The student looked around the table at the herbs and ingredients that Mademoiselle Belle had pulled out of the cupboards. "Oooh..." she cooed softly.
Back to top Go down
Tommy Eriksson

Tommy Eriksson

PostSubject: Re: Salle de classe 36 (extra credit for students)    Salle de classe 36 (extra credit for students)  EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 5:19 pm

The girl said not a word as she led him through the castle. It suited him fine . . he would have nothing to say to her anyway. He did wonder though as they wandered down, if she had been one of the girl he had seen the other day out on their brooms. Wonder . . but he did not ask.

He had been right. While it was not cold, there was a distinct chill to the air. It only too about 5 minutes then he was walking into a large room, here a equally large round table sat. His eyes took it all in . . this had taken time to set up . . and she had done it all without telling him. What was her game, he thought again as he crossed the room. The girl had sat down . . grateful no doubt she no longer had to be in his company . . not that he cared what she thought.

Belle had impressed her so it seemed from the ooooh she let out on seeing the herbs. He too looked at them a little quizzically. Had he not Dark Potions . . why did she have herbs out. He eyed her carefully . . why had she left it to now to tell him about this . . what was she panning. she had been most upset with him last time they had met . . he was not sure . .

"Evening Belle . . nice of you to ah SEND for me " he said a little dryly as he took a seat three chairs away from her. He turned though and leaned an arm over the back of the chair and stared at her intently.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle Belle

Mademoiselle Belle

PostSubject: Re: Salle de classe 36 (extra credit for students)    Salle de classe 36 (extra credit for students)  EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 6:42 pm

Belle looked up as Avalyne came back and gave her a smile. "Thank you Avalyne . I should give you five points but I think that might be a little unfair " she told the girl warmly. What had she interrupted him from she wondered as he wandered in. Well he had come was her thought as he took a seat and she just had to smile as his comment, despite the fact he had meant it as sarcastic.

"Play nice now Thomas , we have a student here " she told him sweetly "but do not think for one moment I need you here . . I am quite capable of leading such a discussion. I just thought it would be courteous to invite you seeing as how it had been your idea" she told him. She was not going to put with his little jibes. Time he got over himself.

Belle turned her attention back to the girl
"Don't mind him, he can be a little grumpy sometimes "she told her.

She gave a sigh . . she had hoped for more students but seems they all had other things to do. Still she could not keep this one up all night, despite the weekend looming.
"I think we should make a start . . more students may turn up. Now for the benefit of our Defense Professor . . I was telling Avalyn how important it was to know one's ingredients when dealing with Dark Potions. It makes for an easier antidote if one can identify what is used in such poisons so I am going to start by asking you a question Avalyne. I will give you 2 points for everyone you get right. " she told the girl. She had the herbs sitting net to her but she did not put them out for Avalyne to have closer look

"There are four herbes that are said are the four classic poisons. I want you to name them if you can. "
Back to top Go down
Tommy Eriksson

Tommy Eriksson

PostSubject: Re: Salle de classe 36 (extra credit for students)    Salle de classe 36 (extra credit for students)  EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 5:04 am

Tommy glared at Belle . . she could play but not he it seemed. How dare she tell him off like that in front of a student. Like patting dog on the head and telling him what a good boy he was if he did the right thing. The nerve of her but not wanting to add to the tension between them he kept his mouth shut. To think he had left Astrid to be insulted like this . . but he knew if if he had known what her reaction would be he would have still come.

He gave a sigh as Belle started. He listened to her and had to admit to himself that she was right. To understand how a poison worked, one needed to know the ingredients. If nothing else Belle seemed to know her stuff. The four classic poisons . . he thought back . . he had covered this in his early training but had never had to use it. It was not something that came up that often in real life but certainly a valid point to bring up.

He could think of two, which annoyed him for he should be able to remember all four. But she told the girl she could have points if she could name them so again he kept quiet. He was sure the girl was already half scared of him. But then he had come across rather harsh in his first lesson.

But he doubted he could . . teaching defensive magic was serious stuff. And he had to get that through to them. He decided at moment it might be best just to sit back and watch and see just what this girl knew.
Back to top Go down
Avalyne Trudeau

Avalyne Trudeau

PostSubject: Re: Salle de classe 36 (extra credit for students)    Salle de classe 36 (extra credit for students)  EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 11:52 pm

Avalyne took a deep breath and smiled at Mademoiselle Belle. Ignoring the tension between the cool and collected potions mistress and the gruff and almost antagonistic ex-Auror, the second year folded her hands in her lap and concentrated. "Four classic poisons...four classic poisons..." she thought to herself. She lowered her eyes and pursed her lips, trying to remember what they all were. It was one of the few things her aunt spoke about that she couldn't seem to remember. "Come on, Ava. You've seen them all at least twice! One of them is still growing in the greenhouse. Mama would put a little in her tea before Netta was born..." Avalyne looked up and responded slowly.

"Deadly nightshade is one...it's also known as Belladonna."

The Belanger student chewed her lip and thought hard. What were those other three? It was nightshade, something with a root that looked like a parsnip but had lacy white flowers, something with dark violet and pink flowers and then something with blue-violet flowers...they looked like helmets or...oh. She could kick herself later in the dormitory. How could she forget those flowers? She had looked at them just a week ago.

Opening her mouth, she made a soft, "aah.." sound as if it all fell into place. "Aconite, or wolfsbane...and the last two I can't remember the name of. But one looks like a wild rose when it flowers, and the other resembles a wild carrot."

Ava made a face, slightly disappointed with her inability to answer the question. She had asked for the names of the plants-- not what they looked like. Softly scuffing her toes against the stone floor, she looked at both professors and waited. "At least there's two more points for the house.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle Belle

Mademoiselle Belle

PostSubject: Re: Salle de classe 36 (extra credit for students)    Salle de classe 36 (extra credit for students)  EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 6:42 am

Belle was rather enjoying the discomfort of Thomas who sat there glaring at her. So used to getting his own way no doubt and liked being in charge but he no longer worked for the Ministry and he had to learn that. Poisons were her specialty and he just had to deal with it.l At least he had the common sense to not say anything.

She decided to ignore him for now as the girl came out with the first answer.

"Very good Avalyne, Atropa belladonna is the Latin name and in a lot of places in the world it grows as a weed. Every part of this plant is poisoness, it need not even be mixed in potion to work. Mainly the berries are what is eaten , and can easily kill any animal or small child if ingested. " Belle waited for the information to sink in . . Then she continued. . .

"It is due to alkaloids known as tropane. These alkaloids have a strong effect on the parasympathetic nervous system, which stimulate areas like the lungs, heart, bladder, eye, gastrointestinal tract, gall bladder and also some glands.

In small doses of poisoning Belladonna causes a decrease in respiratory system secretions, it decreases the heart rate and dilates the pupil. At larger doses, the effects are more severe inducing hallucinations and extreme fatigue. "

She stopped again, this time smiling over at Thomas before continuing

"in deadly doses my dear the the symptoms are even worse . . . rapid pulse . . dry mouth . . difficulty in swallowing . . headache . . dry, hot skin, vision blurred, hallucinations, convulsions and finally . . . coma."She finished off, not bothering to tell her or Thomas she had such a potion in her storage where she had used the Belladonna berries. For no other reason than the fact she would incorporate it into a normal lesson one day.

Belle watched the girl as she seemed to be chewing though things in her head. Did she know any more she wondered and was about to tell her another when Avalyne finally came out with another.

"Very good Miss Trudeau . . that is 4 points for Belangar. Aconite is indeed the second . . used in many safe potions which you will learn more about in your second lesson of Botany. In the safe potions we use the leaves . . . in poisons the roots and unripe seedpods are as deadly as that of Belladonna especially the roots if collected and used in the colder months..

Known by its it's more common name of Wolfsbane, Aconite is a deadly plant that was used as an arrow poison by the ancient Chinese, and its name comes from the Greek akontion, meaning dart. The symptoms of poisoning with Wolfsbane include chest pain, extreme anxiety, hypotension . . irregular heart beat, . . loss of speech control . . nausea, . . pinpoint pupils . . throat hands and mouth numb . . , ventricular fibrillation in 1-7 hours . . ., vomiting . . . resulting in death due to respiratory arrest."

Belle waited for a bit letting it all settle in. She looked over at Thomas but he was not giving away anything and this far he had not said anything other than that first comment when he had walked in.

"A wild carrot . . I have never heard it described that way. I will give you a hint. . it has musky smell and is often mistaken for Queenslace. As for the other, you are so close . . It is known as the Winter Rose but the flowers are white. You still have a chance at 4 more points. "Belle told her then sat back in her seat. She was most impressed with the girl and would ask her how she knew all this seeing as how she only a second year . . but for now she wanted to give her a chance to get the last two.

Back to top Go down
Tommy Eriksson

Tommy Eriksson

PostSubject: Re: Salle de classe 36 (extra credit for students)    Salle de classe 36 (extra credit for students)  EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 7:09 am

Clearly he made the young girl uncomfortable but he still said not a word as she came out with some answers. He let Belle answer them, just to see what she knew and was quite impressed with her extensive knowledge of the plants. He might stay behind when this night was done and tell her so . . and maybe even let her know she was mistaken in his feelings. But he still liked the idea he had for valentines day and thought maybe he might save it till then. Let her stew in it for a bit longer he thought.

"Miss Trudeau . . I am most perplexed " he decided to say to her "For one so young how do you know of them all, it is most impressive . . " he told her flashing her one of his rare smiles.

Avalyne was looking from her to him and while he new the answers he said nothing. Belle had given her two more hints and good hints they were too. He was sure the girl would get them . . all she had to do was dig deep.
Back to top Go down
Avalyne Trudeau

Avalyne Trudeau

PostSubject: Re: Salle de classe 36 (extra credit for students)    Salle de classe 36 (extra credit for students)  EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 9:43 pm

It certainly was a lot of information, but it was worth digesting. It could very well save a life one day. For now, she had to remember the last two classic poisons. Lace. The last hint was lace. "Queen Anne's Lace, but not...it doesn't have the blood drop in the center, does it? Water hemlock blooms like that," she added almost off-hand. Avalyne had to chuckle to herself. "The roots reminded me of parsnips or wild carrots," she admitted. Granted, she was about four the last time she saw the plant up close. That was a lesson she remembered very well.

Now for the tough part. That last herb always gave her trouble. She couldn't tell the difference between Christmas rose and Hellebore. It was one or the other, and they looked so similar...At least if she guessed one or the other she'd be close. Winter rose made her feel more inclined toward Christmas rose. It was worth a shot.

Before she answered, the second year Belanger girl could have sworn she saw Herr Eriksson smile for a moment. Just one moment. It was a wonder his face didn't crack from the strain of so many different muscle groups being used. While it eased the tension a little, something was still going on between the professors. Whatever it was, it was just over her head. Maybe Chlo would have an idea. She'd have to ask her when the discussion was over.

"C-christmas rose? It's either that or Hellebore. I feel like Christmas rose is the right answer, though." She winced after she answered and sighed, looking at both her professors again. "My mother...she's good with plants, and very knowledgeable about most muggle herbs. She taught me what they looked like so I wouldn't accidentally put something poisonous in my mouth and eat it." Avalyne let out another soft chuckle. Her youngest brothers were likely listening to that particular lesson.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle Belle

Mademoiselle Belle

PostSubject: Re: Salle de classe 36 (extra credit for students)    Salle de classe 36 (extra credit for students)  EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 3:13 pm

It took a while for Avalyne to answer, Belle could see her sifting through the information. She nodded at the girls first question. "That is true but to the untrained eye . . it is almost impossible to recognise . . especially by the muggles " she told the girl. "But Hemlock is the answer. " she smiled. It was nice to have a student who had some experience in her life. This girl would go far in her future lessons.

"Hemlock is most poisoness fresh but interestingly it diminishes once it dries. Squeezing the juice from a freshly cut Hemlock stem done before first sunrise is best. It is best to collect the juices rather than use the plant itself for potions. "

Belle got up and went down the back and brought back a clear bottle with a clear liquid inside. She sat down and placed it in front of her.

"This is the juice from Hemlock . . very potent. . when taken it will produce convulsions in the victim . . they will get thirsty, their pupils will dilate and they will get headaches. Dizzyness will follow as well as vomiting then finally convulsions then death by asphyxiation . "

"The last one is both . . Hellebore or the White Rose . . called the White Rose because of its leaves. It is also called Black NIger coming from the roots of the plant which incedently are the poisonous parts of the plant. Many muggles grow this plant in their gardens without even knowing what it is. "

Belle was pleased . . she would give the girl another 4 points for she had in her own way managed to get all of them. In a little way she was disappointed that she not been able to impress the girl more but none the less it was well received. Tommy chose that moment to ask a question he herself had been wondering but the girl had not answered yet and she was not quite finished.

"King Attalus III was one of the greatest poison fanciers in all of history, and he had a particular fondness for hellebore, since the poison "racked the nerves and caused the victim to swell".

Pliny described an elaborate ritual to harvest the roots of the plant. First, a sword was used to draw a circle around the plant. The collector would then pray to the east for permission to dig up the plant. Finally, the collector would look to see if an eagle was flying nearby, for if an eagle was spotted, it presaged the death of the collector within the year. '

She told Avalyne and gave her a smile. Belle could talk for hours about such things . . even poisons. She gave a firm nod at the girls answer to Thomas.

"Your mother is wise . . it is my only wish more mothers were like that. Too many young children still die from ingesting especially the berries of the belladonna. well I think we can call it a night . . it is getting late and you have class tomorrow. Do you have any questions before we go. ? And if it suits you . . I shall be here the same time next week and we can continue" She finished off. She had planned to do a little more tonight but time had got away from her.
Back to top Go down
Tommy Eriksson

Tommy Eriksson

PostSubject: Re: Salle de classe 36 (extra credit for students)    Salle de classe 36 (extra credit for students)  EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 4:31 pm

Tommy nodded at Avalynes reply and again at Belle's response. Her mother seemed a sensible woman . . too bad most parents never took the time to point out the dangers in the world. No wonder she was doing well in classes. It reminded him he still needed to get his next class ready.

Listening to Belle talk of poisons, he wondered briefly if she had done this on purpose. Picked the poisons to show him that it was not good to get on her bad side. HE would hate to make an enemy of her that was for sure.

What was her game he wondered . . what was she thinking . . . oh to get his hands on a bottle of Veritaserum and give her a drop. He wondered if she had such a potion in her storage. He gave a soft chuckle . . no doubt the woman had many weird and wonderful potions in her cupboards. He might even bet she ad some no one else knew about. Some she had made herself and would never see the shelf of any shop.

Belle finally wrapped the night up, saying it was getting late and when Tommy checked his watch he was surprised to see how late it had got. He guessed they had got here late, after all Avalyne had interrupted him at dinner with Astrid. He felt bad about leaving her like that and he would have to apologise to her when he next saw her.

He had plenty of questions but none he wanted to pose in front of a student. HE studied her for a moment then got up from where he sat. "Thank for an illuminating evening Mademoiselle Saynsberry. and Miss Trudeau . . you are one talented girl . . until next week " he said bowing his head toward the girl. Then he turned on his heel and slowly made his way from the room. Just another week Belle, he thought . . just another week. . .

Back to top Go down
Avalyne Trudeau

Avalyne Trudeau

PostSubject: Re: Salle de classe 36 (extra credit for students)    Salle de classe 36 (extra credit for students)  EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 5:53 pm

Avalyne shook her head and smiled sheepishly as Herr Eriksson dismissed himself. "I don't have any questions this time around, Mademoiselle Belle." Quietly, she slipped her book into her messenger bag and glanced around the room for a clock. As an afterthought, maybe it would be in her best interests to start wearing a watch. "Except...Is there anything I should bring next time?" She stood from her seat and waited patiently for a reply, and stifled a yawn.

Was it really that late? Her plans to send her owls out that evening would have to wait. When she received her answer, Avalyne nodded and excused herself, taking care to shut the door behind her. "Good night, Mademoiselle Belle." It was going to be a long walk back to the dormitory.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Salle de classe 36 (extra credit for students)    Salle de classe 36 (extra credit for students)  Empty

Back to top Go down

Salle de classe 36 (extra credit for students)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BeauxStrang - Beauxbatons & Durmstrang Combined Harry Potter RPG :: Forums de Jeu de Rôle » Roleplaying Forums :: Le Sous-Sol :: The Basement-