HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

General Rules
     Getting Started
     Announcements
     Roleplay Characters
     Advertise

Common Room
     Dining Chamber
     Basement
     Inside the Palace
     Grounds

To/from Palace
     Diagon Alley
     Villeneuve
     Other

Members Lounge
     Contests
     Art & Writings

The current year is 2012.

It's currently winter.
The high is 43°F (6°C), with strong winds.
RPG-Directory

The new boy in town... (open to wandering adults)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Matthieu Lévesque

Matthieu Lévesque

The new boy in town... (open to wandering adults) Empty
PostSubject: The new boy in town... (open to wandering adults)   The new boy in town... (open to wandering adults) EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 9:02 pm

Matt wandered down the tiny wizarding village known as Villenure. It had been a while since his last visit some 7 years ago. When he had been carefree and not a worry in the world. . when it all been at his feet for the taking. Nothing much had changed, a few different shops but nothing too alarming. He wished Alexis was here, but he was with his sister Éléonore and her new husband who had just moved into a house in Dijon . He himself was up this way to meet with the Head Mistress at Beauxbatons about a job.

He had left Alexis with his sister and her new husband in Dijon for the moment but he knew he could not leave him there for long. That was why he had come up early today, to see if he could find a place to live closer to where he was hopefully about to start work. That way he could pop in on weekends to see his son. Plus he needed to hire a nanny/housemaid to look after him, after all Alexis was barely 4 years old.

His still thought about her, the mother of his child from time to time , where was she, did she ever think of him or her baby. he had no idea where she gone or what she doing and he never looked for her. She had abandoned her child as far Matt was concerned she had no claim to him. But it did not stop him thinking about her.

He gave a sigh as he stopped in front of a shop. A book shop by the looks of it. Though he wanted to write a book, the shop held no interest for him as his mind turned back over the events again. He was doing that more and more these days. It had been the main reason that he had applied for this job when he had seen it in the paper.

A change from what he was used to.

He gave another sigh and moved away from the window. He needed to see about a house so he started off toward the local real estate. His thoughts turned to Émilie again . . Had he loved her . . the answer was no . . he had liked her but he never entertained the idea he would marry her. Had he known what was on her mind . . could he have made her stay . What mind had she been in to just walk out .

He checked his watch. . still enough time. Head Mistress was not expecting him until 2pm. He would even have time for a spot of lunch before heading to the castle. He was no teacher but he looked forward to a new beginning. He was also no expert in Astronomy but a love of the stars and their stories had kept him on the sane side of life for a while now. When things got too bad he would always take a chair and stare into the skies. It was that love of the stars he now hoped to bring to the young students of Beauxbatons.

“enough of these silly thoughts” he told himself as he came up to the real estate and the bell tinkled as he pushed open the door and entered.

Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle Belle

Mademoiselle Belle

PostSubject: Belle readies for Villeneuve. . .   The new boy in town... (open to wandering adults) EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 6:15 pm

Belle had dragged herself out of bed that morning. Finally, the weekend she told herself as she stepped over her clothes to wander out to the lounge/dining that were her quarters. Breakfast as usual was laid out but all she went for that morning was a cup of herbal tea and a buttered crumpet. She knew she aught to eat more but she really was not in the mood.

Thoughts of seeing Astrid in a bit cheered her up as she made her to the bathroom to have a shower. At least that made her feel a little better, and she found, when she went back out, that she eat a bit more. She looked at her bag that she had dumped last night . . she still had papers to mark. Later she told herself as she surveyed herself in the mirror. Little red top under a black leather short jacket, matched with a frilly short black skirt and long black socks that came to just over her knees. Even at 25 she could still pull it off she thought as she added her doc martins and a bit of jewelry.

Next came the hair and Belle spent a good 20 minutes on it as she teased it and styled it until she was left with a short flowing style that left a few strands hanging over her face. Satisfied she grabbed an apple from the plate of food on the table then made her way from her rooms.

10 o'clock they had agreed. . . Belle was a little early but her philosophy was better early than late. it was quiet as she made her way through the castle. The students seemed to having a lay in for the weekend. . she only met three on the way, greeting each of them with a hearty good morning. All three had looked after her as she passed for they had never seen their potions Mistresss dressed in such a way.

Belle stepped out into a beautiful January morning. It was a little windy but the sun was shining which was good. Belle hated the winter . . give her summer anytime. Summer meant exploring and fun . . pity she had a fear of water though . . she would have loved to have added swimming.

She gave a smile . . despite all that had happened this week, Belle was determined today was going to be a fun day. Just her and Astrid . . what could be better.
Back to top Go down
Madame Lueure

Madame Lueure

PostSubject: Re: The new boy in town... (open to wandering adults)   The new boy in town... (open to wandering adults) EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 4:00 pm

Astrid had dressed more casually than usual today, and she wasn't sure she was enjoying it much, she continued to stare in the mirror, staring at the clothes in disdain, and changed again, pulling on a pair of dark blue skinny jeans, and a cream flowy blouse, and then picking up an emerald colour cloak, she pulled on a pair of lightly heeled brown boots, and hurried across to her bathroom to quickly brush her teeth, and then swept her hair up into a low chignon. Astrid looked up to the clock and gasped. This would have to do, she decided, grabbing her bag and calling for Lux.

"Lux... I need you to take me too Villeneuve." She smiled, lightly holding the bird, and closed her eyes. This part always made her feel dizzy. Astrid groaned as she felt the usual ripple under her skin, and opened her eyes, finding herself to be in old village from her childhood. "Zank you! Take care my love!" Astrid called, as her companion took to her air.

Astrid pulled her cloak tightly around her, and navigated through the loose crowd of people, her eyes searching out Belle. Twenty minutes had soon passed, and their still seemed to be no sign of Belle. "Perhaps she 'as changed 'er mind." She said quietly to herself, but knew instinctively Belle would have owled her. Astrid continued to look, and soon found her eyes land upon an unmistakable crown of golden hair.

"Belle!" Astrid shouted across the square shamelessly, striding across fluidly, "You made it! I am so pleased... Pardon my tardiness. Where would you like to start?" Astrid garbled, her breath leaving her. She chuckled at herself. Today would be fun, a chance for herself and Belle to really have some alone girl time.

Last edited by Madame Lueure on Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle Belle

Mademoiselle Belle

PostSubject: Re: The new boy in town... (open to wandering adults)   The new boy in town... (open to wandering adults) EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 5:35 pm

Belle could have apparated into the village when she had made her way down out through the gates . . but she had time and thought the walk in would do her good. She been cooped up in classes and homework all week . . it would be nice to get some fresh air.

It took her about 30 minutes and when she got there she tried to think where Astrid had agreed to meet her. But she not have worried as she heard her name called out and Belle turned around to see her friend marching boldly across the square.

"ASTRID " Belle exclaimed with a smile, taking the last few steps toward her and gathering her into quick hug. "You look fabulous " she added stepping back to look her up and down. And she did . . look out any men around today she thought . . and gave a laugh.

"I thought you were going to meet me at the school . . the walk in was marvelous. I actually saw a few sprigs of blossom starting to poke through. Spring will be here before we know it " Belle said as she started to walk " Well I wanna check out the bookstore and I need to pick up few ingredients . . but they can both wait if you got something you want to do. " Belle said. Truth was she wanted to leave both to after lunch for she did not want to be lugging books around all day and the ingredients she wanted needed to be fresh and once she had them she had to get them quickly back to the castle.

She stopped for a moment to look in one of the local clothing stores. She looked up " La Maison Vert " the sign said. More uptown than what Belle usually wore. More Astrids style she mused. Though she quite liked Astrid's style . . but it was not a style she could ever pull off. Not that she would ever want to . . she quite liked her own style.

They moved on . . next to the clothing store was a real estate. Belle did not stop at this one but she did glance in.
"maybe one day I'll have enough to buy a house . . " she mused more to herself as they passed the door.
Back to top Go down
Madame Lueure

Madame Lueure

PostSubject: Re: The new boy in town... (open to wandering adults)   The new boy in town... (open to wandering adults) EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 6:09 pm

Astrid returned her friends hug heartily, giggling. It had been a long time since Astrid had, had a friend, but Belle made it easy. Astrid resisted the urge to snort. "As do you Belle." Astrid replied truthfully, Belle's look was one of the many things Astrid found herself loving about her friend. She had in truth never had the courage to try such a daring look.

Astrid wrinkled her forehead, she had be sure she had said to meet here as she had some errands to run, "I am sorry, I was under ze impression we were meeting 'ere... eet is no matter now z'ough." She smiled, linking Belles arm with her own. "Indeed eet shall not be long now, I am looking forward to being able to use ze lake!" She said excitedly, and began navigating them through the crowd of people.

"Ah, I also want to go to ze bookstore, I might pick up ingredients to place under my pillow to 'elp me sleep better aswell." Astrid said, and right on cue she yawned, no matter how long she slept, she constantly tossed and turned, and she never felt well rested enough. Astrid continued to walk with Belle in comfortable silence, noting a few new stores, and some familiar ones. 'La Maison Vert.' This seemed new, Astrid peered throug hthe window and smiled at the array of outfits. This would defintely warrant a look at, and there were a few numbers Astrid desperately wanted to see Belle in, though she supposed it would not be without a fight. She chuckled, then noticing Belle looking at the store next to the clothing shop.

"Ah I am 'oping to find a small place also." Astrid agreed. She didn't want to have to spend her summer with her parents. It seemed so ungrown up. Astrid looked at some of the listings and tutted, she would never be able to afford even a flat at this rate... not that she wanted one. She sighed. "Where will you be going at ze end of ze year Belle?" She asked, gazing longingly at one of the bungalows listed.

Back to top Go down
Matthieu Lévesque

Matthieu Lévesque

PostSubject: Re: The new boy in town... (open to wandering adults)   The new boy in town... (open to wandering adults) EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 4:26 pm

Matt had a pleasant hour or so in the tiny real estate. Run by a man by the name of Phillipe Montague and his wife Penny, a British girl about 6 years older than him. They were nice people who showed Matt a few properties around the place. Be shuffled through them, placing many to one side. By the time he was done he had 4 properties that he was interested in looking at.

Phil ( as Phillipe asked Matt to call him) set up an appointment for Monday to go view them. After all, he explained, this was Saturday and he was closed by 2pm, and he never worked Sunday. Though if Matt wanted he could go and check them out, he just would not be able to get inside to look around.

Matt told him that would be fine and set up an appointment for 9.30 for the following Monday. He got directions to to the four places and with a promise to meet Phil at the closest one on Monday, he gathered the details and made his way from the shop.

Stepping outside he almost collided with a couple of young ladies who seemed intent on crowding the doorway. "Dames de pardon. si je peux juste obtenir à travers." he said with a smile, tipping an imaginary hat as he sidled past them. He paid them little attention as he checked the instruction on where of the first place, then pocketing the details he turned and headed for Montague Street.

((Translation: Excuse me ladies. If I can just get through))
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle Belle

Mademoiselle Belle

PostSubject: Re: The new boy in town... (open to wandering adults)   The new boy in town... (open to wandering adults) EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 3:38 pm

Belle shrugged . . it no longer mattered where they had agreed to meet. They were both here and it was all good. "You are having trouble sleeping . . you should let me make you a potion . . I developed one that would give you the sweetest sleep and dreams. Just three droops for a good nights sleep and you wake so refreshed in the morning " Belle smiled. It was one of her bet potions she had always thought. It had sold well after she had perfected it and presented it to her employee. It would be pleasure to let Astrid have some. . anything for her friend.

"You want a place here . . not sure I want to live here . . maybe a small place in England somewhere . . in one of those little muggle villages where I can potter away in my garden. I would have to have a large garden and a greenhouse. . a greenhouse would be a must " Belle smiled at the thought as Astrid fired her next question. At this one she frowned.

"I am not sure . . I have no place of my own . . I guess I will just stay here at the castle . . or if I have saved enough maybe i might spend a week or so on that island. Blackstone. . have you heard of it. Set in the south somewhere . . its a magic holiday island. Cut off from the muggles. I hear the Ministry even have a training camp down there . . but it is a popular place so if I decide I guess I should book soon. " she said as she decided it was high time they moved on. But as she did the door to the real estate opened and a tall man with long blond hair walked out, nearly colliding with them but managed to sidestep them as he excused himself and wandered on.

Belle gave him no thought.

"What about you , where will you spend your holidays?" she asked as she spotted another clothes store across the road. "Astrid check out that skirt will you "Belle gasped as she made her way across to gaze at a cherry red short rather flouncy thing that was in the window. She even liked the top that was featured with it .

"C'mon . . I want to check this out " she smiled at Astrid and made her way in through the open door.
Back to top Go down
Madame Lueure

Madame Lueure

PostSubject: Re: The new boy in town... (open to wandering adults)   The new boy in town... (open to wandering adults) EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 3:27 pm

Astrid beamed, she loved potionmaking, but she doubted that she could do a better job then her friend. "Oh zat would be wonderful," Astrid said humbly, "I would take even ze foulest of potion if eet would mean a peaceful nights sleep." She chuckled, smiling warmly at her friend, it was an amazing feat to be creating ones own potion, but given Belle's age is was extraodinary. "You are so very talented Belle." Astrid complimented, pulling her cloak tighter around herself to shield herself from the cold. Perhaps a hot drink would hit the spot.

Astrid looked back at the house listings again, "Not permanently, perhaps somezing I might be able to rent, or buy up cheap and rent out." Astrid answered absentmindedly. It was something Astrid dreamed of, she wanted to create a life for herself and her future children, a sizeable home... a happy home.
"Zat would make sense... I would like a home near a pond or lake, so I could skate sometimes... my Mothers used to take me skating all the time." Astrid added, smiling at the memory of her youth. Astrid continued to look at the listings, as if to will the prices down. "Eet sounds familiar... But I do not know a great deal about eet." Astrid tapped her head, as if to drag up the thought, but nothing came.

Astrid jumped back slightly, the door to the real estate opening suddenly, and a man with shoulder length blonde hair stepped out. Astrid smiled politely, and let the man through, and then turned to watch him go, Astrid soon became distracted when Belle called out to her.

"I do not know as of yet... what skirt? Ah." Astrid smiled seeing the skirt, it was an attractive colour, and she could see why Belle would be drawn to it. "Oui, ok, lets go, but we must grab a drink afterwards!" She called , and ran giggling after Belle, like a schoolgirl.

Back to top Go down
Matthieu Lévesque

Matthieu Lévesque

PostSubject: Re: The new boy in town... (open to wandering adults)   The new boy in town... (open to wandering adults) EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 4:45 pm

Matt had gone to have a look at all 4 places and had immediately ruled out 2 of them. The one over on Jansky Place had not had a large enough garden and the one on Harrington just did not appeal in the way it looked. He had been most impressed with the one on Montague and the one on Franklin. He was looking forward to viewing the inside of both of them on Monday.

He made his way back to the center of town. He still had a few hours before his meeting with the Head Mistress. Normally he was not one to window shop but seeing as how it was still a bit early for lunch, he started wandering along the shops.

First shop he came to was the travel agency where the windows were advertising some place called Blackstone Island of the south of England. He had heard of such a place but had never been and he stood for a while looking at all the pamphlets. It looked nice but he doubted if he would ever be able to afford such a holiday.

Matt gave a sigh and wandered to the next shop. An Ice Cream shop. It made him think of Alex and he gave a smile. Would Alex like living here, he wondered as he stepped back from the window and turned, looked around the town. Not too many out and about. . . a couple of old men sitting out on a bench talking . . a couple of young mothers chatting while their kids played hide and seek. The two young ladies he had nearly bumped into earlier, who seemed to be checking out a rather obscure clothes shop. Not the taller one he thought, she was too well dressed for that kind of shop. But the other . . and he shook his head. . she looked like something out of a . . well he wasn't sure . . but it was a far out get up.

He stared at them for a moment . . for no other reason that they seemed such an unlikely pair. He gave a soft laugh and wandered on. His stomach rumbled, reminding him it had been some 5 hours since he had last eaten. To heck with the fact it was not yet a suitable time to eat . Matt was hungry and he still had the walk to the castle later so he made the choice and headed to a cafe across the the road.

Seems he was not the only one to come in for an early feed. There was quite a few patrons already in there, some eating, some drinking, some talking, some reading. A few looked up as he walked in and he gave them a nod as he walked up to the front desk to order.

A young girl looked at him and asked what he wanted. Matt checked the board and told her he wanted a toasted sandwich with cheese, tomato and capsicum and a Café au lait. He gave her the money and she told him to take a seat and she would bring it out in a moment. He thanked her, grabbed one of the complimentary papers, and made his way outside. He chose a small table over by the side and sat down. He popped his sunglasses on for the sun was at a odd angle and opened the paper ans started reading.

Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle Belle

Mademoiselle Belle

PostSubject: Re: The new boy in town... (open to wandering adults)   The new boy in town... (open to wandering adults) EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 6:31 am

Belle looked around the shop with a huge smile on her face. She had not expected to find such a shop here in France in the only entire wizarding village. What a find she thought as she went from rack to rack, the red skirt in the window soon forgotten as she went through the clothes. Astrid was fun to be with and a good sport, she would be sure to repay her later by perusing a clothes store she was interested in. Belle loved Astrids style but it was not her, she could never pull of anything so classy.

"OH MY GOSH " Belle exclaimed as she spotted a dress and rushed over to find it was exactly her size. Not that it would have mattered, it had never stopped her before, if it was the wrong size a little magic went a long way.

The new boy in town... (open to wandering adults) Gothic_punk_style_coats_clothes

Belle grabbed it and kept looking and before long she found the perfect boots to go with it. But these were not the right size but still she picked them up for they too could be fixed with a little magic.

The new boy in town... (open to wandering adults) Redboot

"see anything you like " she said to Astrid as she made her way to the front counter. She would have loved to have bought more but she still had those books and ingredients to get and working at the school did not pay a fortune. She paid over her money to the assistant and waited while she wrapped the dress with tissue paper and place it in a cardboard box. The boots were packed similar and then both put into a carry bag. Belle was quite impressed, the clothes shops back in England never went to that much trouble.

She bade the assistant a farewell with a promise to come back soon and then stepped back out in the street. She felt good, but then she always did when buying new clothes.

"do you wanna grab something to eat " Belle asked for Astrid had suggested a drink but she thought a snack was in order. Lunch was still an hour or so away. Morning tea was more the word. She spotted a cafe across the street " will that suit? " she asked but not waiting for an answer, started making her way over.

Back to top Go down
Madame Lueure

Madame Lueure

PostSubject: Re: The new boy in town... (open to wandering adults)   The new boy in town... (open to wandering adults) EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 10:48 am

Astrid stood behind Belle, slighlty to left, and scanned the shop with her eyes, before settling on Belle again, Astrid struggled to stiffle her laughter. Belle's face had lit up, and she began to riffle through the store with all the excitement of a child in a sweet shop. She shook her head, and walked across to a rack, skimming through the articles of clothing, Astrid almost had a stroke when Belle let out a squeal, she turned sharply ready to shout at anyone who had upset her friend, but simply found Belle clutching a red dress.

"I take eet zat you are liking zis dress." Astrid mocked, watching as her friend skitted aroudn the shop trying to find matching shoes, and eventually landed on a pair of red... boots? Astrid was unsure of what to call them, but smiled encouragingly nonetheless.

"Anyzing I like?" Astrid asked, though she assumed Belle was only asking out of politeness, "I am afraid I would not know where to start with zis style of clothing." She answered honestly, "But zat dress is rather lovely, the colour suits you well. She added quickly, walking over to the counter with Belle, and waiting as the woman at the counter boxed the purchases up, Belle paid for the items, and they both exited the shop.

Astrid had been about to remind Belle of stopping off for a drink, but it seemed that in all her excitement she had not forgotten. "Oui... I 'ave not yet 'ad my breakfast." Astrid conclude, following after her friend. "Ah zat will do quite well." Astrid confirmed, removing her cloak as she neared the cafe.

"Do you want to give me your order, and zen go grab some seats?" Astrid asked, suprised that the cafe was so busy so early.

Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle Belle

Mademoiselle Belle

PostSubject: Re: The new boy in town... (open to wandering adults)   The new boy in town... (open to wandering adults) EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 11:35 pm

As they neared the cafe, Belle realised she had not eaten that morning. She now regretted it for her stomach was protesting so loud she was sure everyone would hear it

"I just have some pancakes and a Chai Latte thanks "she smiled at Astrid as she looked around for a table. It was rather crowded she thought but spotted one over by the side. She saw another lady enter with a small child who had also spotted it but Belle made the move and got there first, getting a dirty look as she slid into the seat but she did not care. Her and Astid had got there first so in her eyes the table was rightfully theirs.

Belle dumped the bag under the table along with her handbag, but not before extracting a pair of sunglasses, the sun was nice but it was shining in at at an odd angle from where she was sitting. It didn't seem to affecting anyone else, other than a young man at the next table who had his nose buried in a paper. She could only see his eyes and his hair.

But she paid him no attention as she waited for Astrid. Her thoughts were on Thomas again . . those dark eyes and the way he seemed to look straight through her. Strange Astrid had not said anything about him this morning . . she thought and screwed up her nose. Should she tell him about last night and the discussion she had taken on poisons. Tommy had not looked too impressed with her but he had complimented her. And he had left first too, probably to get back to Astrid, which made it strange she had not said anything. Belle would ask her when she got back.

Having nothing to do until Astrid got back, Belle bent down and pulled the boots from the bag. Taking them out of the box they were in, she wriggled out of her doc martins and tried them on. They were a size too big but a quick wave of the wand soon fixed that. Smiling she popped the doc martins back into the box and back into the bag.

She looked up to see where Astrid was . . She really wanted to try on this dress but she was not about to get up and leave it. That lady was still watching her carefully.
Back to top Go down
Madame Lueure

Madame Lueure

PostSubject: Re: The new boy in town... (open to wandering adults)   The new boy in town... (open to wandering adults) EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 1:43 pm

Astrid nodded, mentally taking Belle's order, and strode into the cafe and up towards the bar where a man who seemed to be in his forties, and three young children stood, having their orders taken. and waited patiently while the girl at the counter took them down. Astrid's tummy rumbled again and she huffed, she'd never seen somebody taken an order so slow, she drummed her fingers on the counter and continued waiting, until at long last the woman addressed her.

"Ah ok, can I 'ave a Chai Latte, a Caramel Machiato, a plate of pancakes, and some french toast with eggs and mushrooms, ooooh and could you send over some of ze toasted fruit loaf." Astrid said politely, with a tight lipped smiled, the woman nodded aloofly and gave her the bill, Astrid bit her lip, and tried to smile, desperate not to say anything with her sharp tongue, she knew 'ow people in zis industry dealt with troublesome customers. Astrid blinked twice, and pulled her purse out, quickly handing the money over, muttered a thanks, and walked back outside sliding into the seat next to Belle.

"Insufferable woman." Astrid hissed placing her cloak over her chair, and her bag on the floor, slipping her right foot through the loop to ensure it wasn't taken, it was then she noticed the woman and her child looking rather angrily in their direction. "What are zey looking at?" Astrid asked curiously turning to Belle, "Nice sunglasses." Astrid commented. She hadn't brought any herself, but she was lucky she was seated with the sun behind her.

Astrid resisted the urge to run her hands through her hair, she didn't often put it up, and she cretainly didn't want to mess up her hard work. "I was wondering whether you 'ad ze chance to talk to Tommy about starting up a duelling club, some of z'ose Beauxbaton boys need a wake up... and goodness the girls. A student stopped me and asked me whether I would be teaching a lesson about transfiguring objects into make-up. Ridiculous." Astrid exclaimed, the girl had shown difficulty transfiguring a match into a needle, so how she ever hoped to attempt that feat was beyond her.

"Zat reminds me, why did you send Miss Avalyne for Tommy ze other night?" Astrid questioned, as the waitress finally appeared with their orders.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle Belle

Mademoiselle Belle

PostSubject: Re: The new boy in town... (open to wandering adults)   The new boy in town... (open to wandering adults) EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 10:43 pm

Belle smiled as Astrid made her way back and sat down. " what woman " she asked then "how much do I owe you " as she reached dow to her bag and pulled out her wallet. She place what she hoped was a fair amount in front of Astird as she asked about the lady with the small boy.

"Hasn't she moved on, oh she came in after me and she's a bit miffed I got this table first" Belle said with a shrug. She popped her sunglasses off for a moment and raised her eyebrows at the lady and saw with satisfaction the lady grab her sons hand and march inside.

"Thomas? " she asked thinking seeing as she was him that he might have mentioned she had spoken to him. That had been before the kiss that was and it all gone terribly wrong. "Yes I did, he was going to talk to Head Mistress about it when she got back. Does anyone know where she is" Belle asked thinking it was strange she had been gone for so long without leaving anyone in charge.

She laughed at Astrids little joke... well not for the student concerned but it was still funny.
" I know, I had one student ask for a love potion for valentines. She had tears in her eyes when I explained the dangers of it and a potion could never imitate real love. " Belle added with a smile.

But it faded as the waitress came out but she first stopped at the next table with the young man before bringing theirs over.
" has he not told you . . " she asked quite astonished. But then it hit what she had actually said. Somehow this was not making sense.

"hang on . . you were with him when Miss Avalyne came . . but he has not told you . . did he not come straight back to you, he left in a hurry once we were done. But in answer to your question . . he had agreed to do a special lesson with me, on Dark Potions . . I sent Miss Avalyne to remind him we had the first discussion." she told her as she took in the smell of the delicious looking pancakes.

"So how are you and Thomas going. . " she asked reaching for the honey to pour over her pancakes. Not that she really wanted to hear but Astrid was her friend and Belle was determined to be there for her.
Back to top Go down
Matthieu Lévesque

Matthieu Lévesque

PostSubject: Re: The new boy in town... (open to wandering adults)   The new boy in town... (open to wandering adults) EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 4:25 pm

Matt momentarily looked up from his paper as someone sat at the table next to him. It was one of the girls that he had seen earlier, the odd one who he noticed was putting on a rather bright red pair of boots. She have have just bought them he thought. Shaking his head he went back to the paper.

A few minutes later her friend joined her, complaining loudly in French accented English. Even though he did not understand the most of it, he got the distinct notion she as upset with someone. He had a good view of her for she was facing him while the other had her back to him. Again he was struck at the unlikeness that these two were friends.

The French girl continued to talk and he would have ignored her other than the fact she mentioned Beauxbatons and from the little English he knew he gathered she was talking about classes. The other spoke in perfect English, but still he got the impression she too was talking about lessons. Was it possible he wondered. Were these two Professors at the school he was heading to later this day. Surely not, he thought, maybe the French girl but not that the English one. No way could a such a person be employed in a place where students were easily impressed.

Yet the French one had said Beauxbatons and that was enough to get his attention. He put his paper down, took his sunglasses off and leaned across the table.

"Excusez-moi des dames. Je ne pourrais pas aider mais surprendre. Pardonnez-moi, mon nom est Matthieu Lévesque et je m'applique à Beauxbatons pour un travail. Suis je redresse en vous assumant pourrais être des professeurs" he inquired of them hoping that at least one of them could speak French.

((Translation ~ Excuse me ladies. I could not help but overhear. Forgive me, my name is Matthieu Lévesque and I am applying to Beauxbatons for a job. Am I right in assuming you might be Professors.))

Back to top Go down
Madame Lueure

Madame Lueure

PostSubject: Re: The new boy in town... (open to wandering adults)   The new boy in town... (open to wandering adults) EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 6:41 pm

Astrid pulled her plate towards, and waited fro the woman to walk away, "Zat woman." She replied, but said no more and lifted her drink to her lips, taking a comforting sip and sighed.

Astrid nodded, smirking as the woman dragged her child into the cafe, before turning back to Belle, Astrid groaned exasperated. "Belle, please. I do not require for you to pay, eet was my decision to come to ze cafe, please let me get zis." Astrid persisted, pushing the money back towards Belle with a bright smile. "Ah 'ow wonderful, I shall look forward to seeing ze master at work." She chukled deviously, before picking up her cutlery and beginning to tuck into her food. "'ow is it Belle?" She asked, motioning towards Belle's stack of pancakes.

Astrid scrunched her nose, she had been getting particularly miffed with the lack of organisation at Beauxbatons, and even more so with the elusive Headmistress. "I 'ave not seen 'er in so long, I am wondering whether she ever existed to begin wiz." She said stiffly, but smiled softly to ease herself.

Astrid placed her cutlery down, and chuckled heartily, students these days were so inundated with useless things, Astrid felt for sure she would never have approached her professors for such frivelous things. "Ah, students today." She sighed, she would have to see to it, that she nipped that in the bud.

Again Astrid found herself squinting, "Tell me?" She questioned,"We 'ad dinner to smooth zings out, zen Miss Avalyne entered... and our dinner ended... Why? What did you zink 'ad happened?" She asked, her eyes widening suddenly, before she fell into a cascade of giggles. "We are friends Belle, zat is all." She said truthfully, and had to stop herself from revealing any more, she certainly didn't want to step on Tommy's toes before he had worked out his strategy. Thankfully she was saved when the man sat at the table across from them began to speak.

Astrid couldn't help but grin, the man was attractive, and seemed to be somewhat older than herself and Belle, but it was his accent she was most enticed by, and he was speaking in French, it felt so long since she had heard it, and been able to speak in her home tongue. "Bonjour Matthieu, je suis Astrid Lueure, et ceci est mon ami Belle Saynsberry, le plaisir de vous rencontrer, et vous auriez raison de penser que nous sommes des professeurs à des Beauxbâtons ... Puis-je demander quel poste vous postulez pour?" Astrid replied smilingly.

((TRANSLATION: Hello Matthieu, I am Astrid Lueure, and this is my friend Belle Saysnberry, pleasure to meet you, and you would be correct in thinking we are professors at the Beauxbatons... May I ask what post you are applying for?))
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle Belle

Mademoiselle Belle

PostSubject: Re: The new boy in town... (open to wandering adults)   The new boy in town... (open to wandering adults) EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 11:14 pm

Belle shook her head at Astrid as she shoved the money back to her " Fine, but next time I pay " she smiled as she popped it back into her purse. She raised her eyebrows as Astrid said she had been having dinner with Thomas when she had sent Miss Avalyne to get him. So he had taken her suggestion and for some reason it miffed her a bit but she did not show it.

Yet he had not seem to upset when he had got there. If as Astrid had said Avalyne had interrupted them, surely he would have made it known. And here was Astrid acting as if it was no big deal. Just friends . . was her friend playing it down or not. Astrid knew she liked him so maybe that was it she thought.

Belle was about to ask when the man sitting behind them asked a question and Astrid had answered before she had a chance to turn around.
"bonjour Monsieur Lévesque, c'est un plaisir de vous rencontrer." Belle smiled at him. Cute she thought but not so much her type. She was never one for blonde guys for some reason. Maybe it was because she herself was blonde.

She looked back at Astrid as she introduced them and her eyes opened wide as she looked back at Matthieu. Then back at Astrid, she had never seen her friends face light up so much, not even when she had been talking about Thomas.

"Pourquoi don' ; t vous nous joignez, comme Astrid a dit que nous travaillons également là, elle enseigne le Transfiguration et je prends des breuvages magiques et la botanique. Nous pourrions pouvoir répondre tous questions et lui ne blesse jamais pour finir par savoir que le nouveau personnel le fait Astrid" she said turning to give Astrid a smile.

hello Mister Lévesque, it is a pleasure to meet you.

Why don't you join us, As Astrid said we also work there, she teaches Transfiguration and I take Potions and Botany. We might be able to answer any questions and it never hurts to get to know the new staff d
oes it Astrid
Back to top Go down
Matthieu Lévesque

Matthieu Lévesque

PostSubject: Re: The new boy in town... (open to wandering adults)   The new boy in town... (open to wandering adults) EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 12:47 am

Matt smiled as the first girl thankfully spoke to him in French. She confirmed they were both Professors at the school and she told him both their names. The second girl surprised him though when she too spoke in perfect French. Now here was a mystery for she had spoken what he had perceived as perfect English too. She told him what they both taught and invited him to join them. He picked up his coffee and his toasted sandwiches and stood up to put on the table where they sat. Then he pulled his chair over and sat down, leaving his paper behind.

"merci des dames que c'est un plaisir de vous rencontrer tous les deux" he smiled to them both but it was the dark haired one he turned to first for she had asked him a question

"Je sollicite la position des études astrales, autrement connue sous le nom de Mlle Astrid d'astronomie " he told her with a smile. She spoke French perfect and English with a French accent but with her dark skin he bet there was another ethnic in there somewhere. Greek maybe but he was not sure. He turned his attention to other one, Belle she had said.

"vous enseignez deux classes, pourquoi est ce. et comment se fait-il que vous puissiez parler deux langues si parfaites. Je vous ai pris pour être une fille anglaise jusqu'à ce que vous ayez parlé français parfait." he asked her as he picked up his sandwich and bit into it. It was delicious and he took another bite before washing it down with a sip of his coffee

This was a more pleasant way to spend the morning he thought and looked over to give Astrid a smile. She sure was one dark beauty, and as quick as he as thought that, he brushed it from his mind. . he had to think of Alexis . . Alexis would always come first.

((Translation ~ thank you ladies it is a pleasure to meet you both

I am applying for the position of Astral studies, otherwise known as Astronomy Miss Astrid

you teach two classes, why is that . . and how come you can speak two languages so perfect. I took you to be an English girl until you spoke perfect French. ))

Back to top Go down
Madame Lueure

Madame Lueure

PostSubject: Re: The new boy in town... (open to wandering adults)   The new boy in town... (open to wandering adults) EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 8:14 pm

Astrid nodded, she truly did enjoy meeting new people, and it was pure luck that the man in question was looking to join the staff at the Beauxbatons. "Bien sur, comment particulière que nous devrions être assis juste à côté d'un professeur de potentiel." Astrid smiled as Matthieu pulled his seat over their table, and raised her drink to her lips again, taking a light sip.

"Études Astral, quelle belle, les étudiants seront hors d'eux, j'ai entendu dire qu'ils sont désespérés pour un ... 'professeur astrologie rêveuse.'" Astrid chuckled, recalling a conversation she had heard between a small group of Grodeffroy girls, and couldn't help but think that they just might get their wish.

By the time Astrid zoned back into the conversation Belle and Matthieu were talking about Belle taking on two lessons, she bit her lip embarassedly, hoping she hadn't done anything to humiliating, and stabbing a mushroom with her fork, popped it into her mouth, and waited for them both to finish speaking.

"Eh bien, comme dit Belle, nous serions heureux de répondre aux questions que vous pourriez avoir." Astrid said, looking him in the eyes and smiling pleasantly. "Donc, ce qui vous amène aux Beaxubatons?" She asked curiously, putting some french toast in her mouth, and humming contentedly. She turned to Belle suddenly remembering something, "Matthieu is meeting Madame Savuterre, perhaps zat is why she 'as been gone... rounding up new professors perhaps?" She exclaimed, and then remembering how Tommy had not taken well to them speaking a language he did not understand in front of him, she quickly turned to Matthieu and explained. "Je apoligise, je disais simplement que peut-être l'absence Madame Savuterre a été jusqu'à sa rencontre avec de nouveaux professeurs potentiels." She beamed, whilst rubbing the scar on her forefinger, andfound herself sincerely hoping that he had not taken her language switch personally. She hadn't had the need to speak in French in such a while, that is was a strange sensation to do it now, though she had to admit, their was something pleasurable about hearing a man speak in a French accent, something she hadn't heard properly for a long while.

Translation:

1) Ocourse, how lovely, and how lucky it is we should be sitting right next to a potential professor.
2) Astral studies, how lovely, the students will be beside themselves, I hear they are desperate for a... 'dreamy astrology professor.'
3) Well like Belle said, we would be happy to answer any questions you might have.
4) So, what brings you to the Beauxbatons?
5) I apoligise, I was just saying that perhaps Madame Savuterre's absence has been down to her meeting with new prospective professors.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle Belle

Mademoiselle Belle

PostSubject: Re: The new boy in town... (open to wandering adults)   The new boy in town... (open to wandering adults) EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 4:19 pm

Matthieu took her suggestion and left his table to join them. Immediately the lady with the small child moved in and gave her a dirty look on her way past, but as Belle had her back turned to the table she did not have to look at her or the bratty child who started complaining the minute his mother sat him down.

She blocked them out as Astrid fell into easy conversation with the man. So he was here to teach them of the stars. A wasted subject in her world. . Right up there with divination. What use did they have in the real world. For some reason these subjects had always been on the school curriculum but she had never seen why and had given up the subjects herself as soon as had been possible.

She had just picked up her cup of tea and taken a sip when Astrid came out with that remark about a dreamy astronomy professor and could not help it. She let out a hearty laugh and managed to spray the liquid everywhere.

"I am so sorry . . how rude of me but honestly Astrid . . " Belle said in her perfect French. That had been rather bold of her friend.

"Anyway " she said turning to Matthew as she tackled her pancakes again. "The school is in shortage of Professors at the moment and I know just as much of Potions as I do of the Herbs so I tell Head Mistress, I can take two classes for now. I take the Botany in the morning and the Potions in the afternoon and once a week I share a discussion with Herr Erikisson on the Darker Aspects of Potions. He is our DADA Professor " Belle explained (still in French) as she continued to eat her pancakes.

"As for speaking two languages. My father is English and my Mother French. I was raised both in England and France and was educated at two schools. Beauxbatons here in my early years then Hogwarts to finish off. " she said with a shrug and a smile. IT had never been a big deal for her and what somewhat surprised someone had commented on it.

Astrid said something about Head Mistress but Belle was not convinced.
"I don't know Astrid. Why would it take three weeks to interview prospective Professors. Matthieu here tells us he has an appointment at the castle so why is she not here. "Belle asked (still in French) No . . as far as she was concerned, there was something more to Head Mistress sudden disappearance.

"well it's been a pleasure meeting you Matthieu. I hope it all goes well, but please . . excuse me . . I have things to do and time is short. . Astrid . . stay if you want . . I am only going to discuss something with Eric at the Apothecary. I'll be back shortly. . " Belle said in French, for she noticed neither Astrid nor Matthew had finished. And she was not sure but she rather thought there was a hint of attraction. And after what Astrid had said earlier,, she was starting to believe that Astrid had been telling the truth when she said her and Thomas were just friends.

Belle grabbed her bag, then with one last smile she turned and made her way back to the street, leaving Astrid and Matthieu to get to know each other a little better. She smiled as she crossed the street and made her way to the Apothecary.

((sorry guys ~ Just it takes too much time to translate it over to French and paste it all back... So if I am speaking french I will say so.. but it gets written in English))
Back to top Go down
Matthieu Lévesque

Matthieu Lévesque

PostSubject: Re: The new boy in town... (open to wandering adults)   The new boy in town... (open to wandering adults) EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 5:24 pm

Good idea Belle. This having to interpret back and forth is quite tiresome. I will post in English but know he is speaking French.

Matt raised his eyebrows at Astrids first comments, but said nothing. It was not his intention to be anyones dream boat. Maybe he should cut his hair, especially if he got the job but the absence of the Head Mistress had him a little concerned. He had after all made the appointment that afternoon. He doubted very much she was out looking for potential Professors.

What brings me to Beauxbatons . . well security I guess . . for my son. Alexis is his name and he is 4 years old. We lost his mother just after he was born. I am . . well was a reporter with the Daily Prophet. . . But it demanded too much of my time. . I wish to spend more of it with my son. It is important he has at least one parent and this job allows me to spend time with him. I came here early to look for a house so we can live close. Matt told them as he continued with his toasted sandwich and coffee.

There had been a time he had found it hard to talk about Émilie, even in this simple form of not even giving a name. But time healed and he no longer held a grudge over what she had done. Alexis had been the missing part of his life and he had embraced fatherhood with open arms. Alexis had brought him a richness that he would never have believed.

You are most talented Mademoiselle Saynsberry . . two languages and you speak them both with ease, oh to have such a talent. And two lessons, they must keep you busy but it sounds as if you have them well worked out. he said turning his attention to Belle. She had mentioned another Professor, a male Professor and it gave him a feeling of ease to know that at least there was one other male professor there.

Belle then made her excuses to leave, saying she had things to do. Being the gentleman he was he stood up as she got up and gave her a nod of his head.
It was a pleasure meeting you Mademoiselle. Perhaps we shall meet again at the castle he told her, then she was gone. He sat himself down again and picked up his coffee to take a sip.

Just you and me me now Mademoiselle Astrid. I hope you do not mind, but please, I would like to know more of you. What brings you here to teach at Beauxbatons?

Back to top Go down
Madame Lueure

Madame Lueure

PostSubject: Re: The new boy in town... (open to wandering adults)   The new boy in town... (open to wandering adults) EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 10:05 am

(I think I shall follow suit with the English/French chitchat)

Astrid looked up her mouth agape as Belle spluttered tea across the table and then furrowed her brow, what had she said? After all it was the students who said about a 'dreamy astrology professor,' but it hardly mattered to her, so she smiled it off with a role of her eyes and began to clean the rest of her plate, listening to the conversation pass between the two people beside her. Astrid paused momentarily when Matthieu mentioned having a son, and then liften her drink to her lips again, taking a sip. Astrid didn't know why it suprised her to learn he had a son, but she smiled, and listened eagerly as Matthieu spoke of him; when Matthieu began to talk of Alexis' mother, and his previous career, Astrid had felt incredibly sympathetic, and settled to popping bits of fruit bread into her mouth periodically.

Astrid nodded, it was peculiar the situation regarding the Headmistress, "Mmm... but it would have to be something important. I mean it's her first year as Headmistress, she would have to be doing something of dire importance to warrant her disappearance." Astrid concluded rubbing her shoulder slightly, the lack of comfortable sleep was wearing thin on her body, she could only hope it wasn't visible to others.

Astrid nodded as Belle excused herself, "I'll finish up here, and then probably head to the bookstore to collect something I ordered." Astrid smiled, standing up the embrace her friend, before watching her make her way to the Apothecary. Astrid sat down again just as Matthieu addressed a question to her. Astrid placed a forefinger against her lips, but then decided taht since Matthieu had shared what had brought him to the Beauxbatons, it would only be fair to do the same.

"It was an escape really. Astrid admittedly sheepishly, she didn't like to admit her weaknesses often. "I was training as an auror in England, looking after my Grandfather at the same time, he was very ill, but as time went by he just wasn't getting better, eventually the illness stole his memories... he forgot who I was, and..." Astrid lifted her drink to her lips, seeking solice in it for a few moments, "I wanted to get away, I wanted to remember a time where he was himself, so I returned to france, and my Mother Eléonore had heard of an opening for a Transfigurations professor at the Beauxbatons, and since I had spent time in Egypt working within the Ministry, honing that skill, I went for an interview."" Astrid smiled simply, tearing off the last of the fruit bread and popped it into her mouth again, and studied Matthieu for a reaction.
Back to top Go down
Matthieu Lévesque

Matthieu Lévesque

PostSubject: Re: The new boy in town... (open to wandering adults)   The new boy in town... (open to wandering adults) EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 4:56 pm

Matt was enjoying the company of this young woman. She was easy to talk to and so open about her life. So many people he surmised hid behind their faces. he did not get that from this lady and he he found he was liking it. Maybe coming to work here would be a good thing after all, especially if he could get to know this one a little better.

strange though she had not commented on his story or Alexis. Most usually asked a few questions, and Matt was good to answer them all. Maybe she did not like to pry he thought. He listened carefully to her story as he finished off his sandwich and coffee. The morning had turned out quite pleasant and he was not about to let that go.

"Ah, the losing of ones memory is not a nice thing. I too have a grandfather once who suffered the same thing but he has been gone these past 4 years. Is he Ok otherwise. Is he in good hands. "Matt said to her as he leaned back in his seat.

He looked at her a little more closely. European with that skin , giving her the illusion of some dark beauty. Here was a woman who dressed for style to enhance that which nature had given her. Unlike her friend who seemed to throw just anything together. Over all he thought Astrid a nice package and he did not want to end this chance meeting just yet.

"If you will permit, may I escort you to the book shop then maybe we could walk back to the castle together, after we find your friend of course. Seeing as how we shall be going the same way " he smiled at her as he got up to come around the table to help her out with her chair.

"I would like to hear more. How do you like working here and how on earth did you end up with a friend like Mademoiselle Belle. You two seem the most unlikely friends. "
Back to top Go down
Madame Lueure

Madame Lueure

PostSubject: Re: The new boy in town... (open to wandering adults)   The new boy in town... (open to wandering adults) EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 6:14 pm

Astrid allowed a ghost of a smile to flit over her, the man in front of her was to good to be true, handsome, educated, a good father, and a good listener it would no seem. Astrid shook her head sadly, "Unfortunately his health is failing him, he's old you see." She whispered, drinking the rest of her drink hurriedly. "I am sorry for your loss also, it is never easy watching something like that happen to someone you care about."

Astrid pulled the bag around her leg up onto her lap, and pulled out some change, placingthe tip on the table, and then looked up at Matthieu again whom seemed to be studying her, she blushed and turned her head quickly, after what had happened with Thomas, she rather thought she should stay away from men for a while, but she couldn't say that she disliked the minor attention Matthieu seemed to be showing her.

"That would be lovely," Astrid beamed, though she did wonder how Belle was, she was a little pleased that she had made her excuses to leave, it would give her time to get to know the handsome man in front of her a little better. "I'm sure Belle will find us at the bookstore when she is done at the Apothecary." She nodded, and taking Matthieu's hand stood up, hooking her bag and cloak over her arm.

Astrid's eyes had bugged when Matthieu mentioned Belle, and felt slightly wounded for her friend, but then she realised that they perhaps did seem an unlikely pair, and chuckled deeply. "I suppose we are quite unlikely... Initially I guess it was because the other female professors really weren't that interested in getting to know us, and so we befriended each other for convenience, but Belle... she truly is teh warmest, funniest peson you'll ever meet... and so talented, she conquered so much in such a short time." Astrid praised, realising perhaps for the first time just how amazing Belle was. "She just has a rather edgy style, not something that suits everyone, but I think she rather pulls it off." Astrid smiled, looking up at Matthieu, and then looked back down just as quick, biting her lip, her cheeks flushing, she coughed awkwardly.

" So tell me about your son." Astrid asked curiously, batting a stray wisp of hair from her face.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle Belle

Mademoiselle Belle

PostSubject: Re: The new boy in town... (open to wandering adults)   The new boy in town... (open to wandering adults) EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 12:30 am

Belle spent a little more time in the Apothecary she had bargained on but it had been worth it with what Eric had shown her. She was sure though that Astrid was more than capable of entertaining Matthieu. Somehow he seemed more her type than Thomas for some reason. Why she could not have said . . maybe because he was French and not English . . or maybe just wishful thinking. If Astrid fell for Matt she might have a chance with Thomas.

Well a girl could hope she guessed with a feint smile as she finally wandered out from the shop. She had bought quite a bit and while she had been in there had asked to use the bathroom where she had changed into her new dress. She felt quite extraordinary in her new outfit and was pleased with how good it looked. It had been a lucky find and she would be sure to come back and see what else they had as the seasons changed.

Astrid had said she would meet her in the book store so after leaving the apothecary, Belle made her way straight to the place. A bell tinkled overhead as she entered. There were quite a few customers in here and the man serving seemed rather busy so leaving him be, she wandered down to the section that specialised in Herbs and Potions. Nothing of interest here she thought as she flipped through them. Just your ordinary, every day run of the mill tomes.

For what she wanted, she would need an antiiques book shop. One that specialised in books from centuries ago. She was after one in particular that she had been looking for for a while. She would ask of course but she held no hope he had ever heard of it.
Belle wandered back up front and waited until the shop keeper was free.

"Can I help you miss? " he asked and she told him what she was after, but as expected he shook his head and informed her that he was sure no copies still existed. She thanked him anyway and wandered off to check out some novels. One thing nobody knew about her was the fact she loved nothing more than to curl up in bed at the end of a long day with a good story.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The new boy in town... (open to wandering adults)   The new boy in town... (open to wandering adults) Empty

Back to top Go down

The new boy in town... (open to wandering adults)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next