HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

General Rules
     Getting Started
     Announcements
     Roleplay Characters
     Advertise

Common Room
     Dining Chamber
     Basement
     Inside the Palace
     Grounds

To/from Palace
     Diagon Alley
     Villeneuve
     Other

Members Lounge
     Contests
     Art & Writings

The current year is 2012.

It's currently winter.
The high is 43°F (6°C), with strong winds.
RPG-Directory

The new boy in town... (open to wandering adults)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Matthieu Lévesque

Matthieu Lévesque

The new boy in town... (open to wandering adults) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The new boy in town... (open to wandering adults)   The new boy in town... (open to wandering adults) - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 5:26 pm

It was good to find out more out Astrid's friend Belle. It was not that he did not like her, just that he found her style was not the normal for what one found in a professor of the finest Wizarding school in France. But Astrid spoke highly of her and he had admit, anyone who could take on two classes and speak two languages so perfect . . she was obviously most talented.

Well we best go find her then. Bookshop you say he said as they started off down the road. She asked about his son and Matt smiled. Alexis was the reason he was here and he loved nothing more than talking about him

Alexis? Lexy I call him. Well he's 4 years old and a bundle of energy. Has to run everywhere and does not know how to slow down. If I get this job I will have to leave him with a nanny . . so she better be fit he laughed. Talking about Lexy made Matt miss him just a little more.

Would you like to see a picture he asked digging into his pocket to pull out a well weather wallet and from it he pulled a recent picture. As the boy got older it was clear to see who he took after and Matt was quite happy with that.

The new boy in town... (open to wandering adults) - Page 2 Alexis

I hope to get a nanny who can not only help with the house but also in his education. If you know anyone I would most appreciate their address. 4 is old enough to start some form of education is it not he said as they approached the bookstore. He put the photo back in the wallet and popped the whole thing back in his pocket.

Well here we are then, do you think your friend has made it yet Matt asked as he stepped up to open the door for her .
Back to top Go down
Madame Lueure

Madame Lueure

PostSubject: Re: The new boy in town... (open to wandering adults)   The new boy in town... (open to wandering adults) - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 9:20 am

Astrid nodded, falling into an easy rhythm beside Matthieu, "Bookshop." She confirmed with an easy smile, as Matthieu began to talk of his son Alexis. Astrid beamed, she could hear from the tone of his voice, how important his son was to him, and just how much he cared for, and adored the boy. "I can imagine she'll need all the rest she can get to keep up with him." She chuckled, and soon found herself hoping Matthieu would get the job, it would be nice to have more staff around, especially ones as approachable as Matthieu were.

Astrid smiled when he had offered to show her a picture, and had nodded enthusiatically. "I'd love too." Astrid grinned, leaning toward Matthieu to see the image of the young boy. Astrid gushed when she saw the boy. She hadn't seen the mother, but it was clear to see that Alexis took after his father, the blonde crown of hair, and his fathers blue eyes, he was a beautiful boy, and Astrid didn't doubt for a second that one say the boy would bea heartbreaker. "He's beautiful Matthieu," Astrid breathed, looking up at the man, "he looks so much like you." She chuckled.

Astrid pondered when Matthieu asked if she knew of anyone who would be fitting for what he required. "I know of a few people," Astrid nodded, looking up to see the Bookstore was only a minute away. "Are you looking for a male of female nanny?" Astrid asked, knowing of two people who might be interested in the job. "But you are right, it is always best to start early with the education." She said simply as they reached the bookstore.
Astrid was particularly pleased when Matthieu moved to open the door for her, but attempted to conceal her happiness at the gesture.
"Thank you... Hmm, I don't know-" Astrid had begun, before noticing a rather unique blonde woman, in a red dress. "Yes... I think she's here." She chuckled, striding across to her friend. "Belle." She greeted, "Have we been very long?" Astrid inquired worrying that she had kept her friend waiting. "I'll just go and speak to the shop owner about my packages, and then we can be on our way if you like." She smiled, hurrying over to the counter to talk with the old grey-haired man there.

It didn't take long for the man to work out what she wanted, and hand over the two packages wrapped in brown paper and string, all the while talking about how it hadn't been easy to locate what she had asked of him, Astrid discretely rolled her eyes at the man, and thanked him profusely, agreeing that it had been a very difficult request whilst handing over the money, and adding a sizeable tip to satiate the man, she turned on her heels, and walked back to her friend, packages in arm. "Ah, well I think I am all done here." She smiled at the two people in front of her. "Is there anything else?" She asked smilingly, looking between the two.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle Belle

Mademoiselle Belle

PostSubject: Re: The new boy in town... (open to wandering adults)   The new boy in town... (open to wandering adults) - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 4:38 pm

Belle looked up at Astrids voice and smiled at her.
"no just got here " She replied as Astrid excused herself to see if her books were in. Belle put the novel back she had been looking at and wandered back up the front.

Matthieu was standing there which surprised her but it did explain the brightness of Astrids eyes. Was the Transfiguration Professor a little taken by this man. It was something to ponder. She gave a ghost of a smile . . something she had not thought of before . . was any new male Professor at the school fair game for her.

"Nice to see you again Matthieu " she said to the man as they waited for Astrid to be done with her purchases. He was certainly tall, maybe not as uite as tall as Tommy but still he towered over her, even in the heels she was wearing.

"Are you heading up to the school now " she inquired for she could not think of any reason that he was still with Astrid. She must have invited him to walk back with them. Belle gave a bit of a frown . . that meant she would not be able to ask her friend about him until later. She was sure they had talked more for she had been in the Apothecary for a bit and they had wandered into the book shop after her.

Yes. . . very interesting she thought.
"So . . . have you suitably impressed my friend yet "she asked him with a smile on her face. If Astrid was interested then she was very interested . . if nothing more than to make sure he treated her right.
Back to top Go down
Matthieu Lévesque

Matthieu Lévesque

PostSubject: Re: The new boy in town... (open to wandering adults)   The new boy in town... (open to wandering adults) - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 4:34 pm

They stepped into the warmth of the bookshop and the first thing Matt noticed was that Belle had changed her dress. It was rather hard to ignore it was that bright and again he wondered how unlike a professor she was, yet she was taking two classes. Looks were not everything it seemed and he had to admit, the style quite suited her.

I am not really fussed as long as they what are talking about and can do a spot of housework he answered Astrid as she wandered off to say hello to Belle and then making her way to the front desk to ask after some books. He was left standing for a bit but then Belle made her way over and asked him a question.

Yes I will, I have suggested to Astrid perhaps we could walk back together They stepped into the warmth of the bookshop and the first thing Matt noticed was that Belle had changed her dress. It was rather hard to ignore it was that bright and again he wondered how unlike a professor she was, yet she was taking two classes. Looks were not everything it seemed and he had to admit, the style quite suited her.

he told her. Despite her style she was easy to talk to. If he got this position he somehow thought they could end up good friends, she seemed someone who would listen. Not that Astrid would not but as he looked over at her his thought of her that if he allowed she could be more than just a friend.

Huh, he told her.he said looking back at Belle. His mind had been distracted there for a moment as he had looked over at Astrid ah, she seems nice. Easy to talk too and very helpful he told her, though he was thing hell yes she had made am impression, but he was not about to give that away just yet. Didn't want to come across as being too keen too quick, but Astrid had certainly aroused something deep inside.

Are you done then Astrid.. We should move, my appointment is in an 45 minutes and if I remember correctly it is a 30 min walk back to the castle.
Back to top Go down
Madame Lueure

Madame Lueure

PostSubject: Re: The new boy in town... (open to wandering adults)   The new boy in town... (open to wandering adults) - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 9:04 am

Astrid smiled, Belle and Matthieu seemed to strike up a conversation quite easily, and though she couldn't place exactly why she felt so pleased, it was definitely there. She watched the two talk for a while, before realising Matthieu was directing a question at her. "Ah, yes I am done," Astrid beamed, motioning to the packages in her arms, "Oh right of course, I'd hate for you to be late on my account, shall we head off then?" Astrid garbled looking up at Matthieu, and then adjusting her bag and cloak whilst balancing the packages in her arms. She groaned inwardly at her awkwardness around the man, she wasn't normally intimidated around handsome men, but it seemed to be something that was happening more often these days.

She shook her head to clear her thoughts. No. This man was a father, and probably not interested in the slightest, she decided resolutely, though she couldn't quite quell the dissapointment at the thought of it.

"Right I'm ready... are you Belle?" She asked, mainly out of politeness, as she knew she was ready. Astrid looked around; the Bookshop was beginning to get busy, and she felt her mind might be a little clearer if she had some fresh air, and spotting a gap in the small crowd, she nodded at the two people beside her, and made a beeline for the door.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle Belle

Mademoiselle Belle

PostSubject: Re: The new boy in town... (open to wandering adults)   The new boy in town... (open to wandering adults) - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 5:50 pm

Belle noticed Matt's Distraction with Astrid and turned her head away to give a little smile. She deserved some happiness after the previous months and Matt seem seemed the ideal distraction. Plus he seemed to have noticed her so it might just work out.

She thought of Tommy and gave another smile. Wasted months as her jealousy had eaten at her over him. Wasted days with her thinking he liked Astrid, despite Astrid telling her there was nothing between them. She could wait to get back and tell him about Matt. If things worked out maybe they could double date but Belle said nothing as she wandered up to the front counter to pay for her things.

Sure, lemme just pay for these she told her friend and proceed to pay for her goods. She waited for her books to be wrapped then she took them and popped them into her bag.

I'm ready, don't worry Matt, we'll make it in plenty of time, though I am not sure Head Mistress will. she said as she made her way out the door again. The sun was warming up and she was glad she had changed into the new dress which was lighter. Her thoughts turned to the missing Head Mistress. . this was not good. . if it continued for much longer, she feared the school would close and they would all be out of jobs.

As they wandered out of town and back down the path that lead to the castle, Belles thoughts turned to lessons. She might go see Tommy as soon as she got back and set up another class down in the dungeons. She had her ingredients ready and she was keen to continue the talk on poisons. More students would be nice though she thought. That was the problem, with Head Mistress missing the new students were not getting sorted.

Dammit she muttered, kicking out at a loose stone on the road. She sent it flying a few feet then it came to halt on the road before her. She gave it a kick again then forgot about it. No good wasting her time thinking about such things. If the school closed she knew she could land on her feet. And she had Tommy now . . they could work it out together.

Belle kept walking, not once looking behind to check that Astrid or Matt was following. She had not given them much thought once she had stepped out from the shop. But even if she had she would have given them that space to get to know each other a little better.
Back to top Go down
Matthieu Lévesque

Matthieu Lévesque

PostSubject: Re: The new boy in town... (open to wandering adults)   The new boy in town... (open to wandering adults) - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 6:45 am

One moment the girls were there and next thing Matt knew they had both exited the shop. He hurried after them and caught up with Astrid as they started their way to the castle. Belle was a little way ahead of them but not by much and he got the feeling she was giving him and Astrid a little space. He was very grateful for this fact.

Your friend is a little unusual but I have to admit I like her he admitted to Astrid as they walked along. If he manged to secure this position he was sure he was going to like working here and finding a place for him and Alex to live close seemed more important than ever. He felt that for the first time in a while that something good was going to come his way and it lifted something deep inside him. Things were finally turning around and maybe just maybe he had a chance for some happiness in his life.

What is it like to work at the School. What are the other Professors like he asked Astrid as they walked along. He could smell her perfume and he inhaled deep. It was quite intoxicating and it made him smile.

I wonder if much has changed since my time here he mused out loud Tell me, is that horrible statue of a Erik the Ugg still hanging in the main hall. I swear someone stuck a permanent sticking charm on it, I remember once when me and henry tried everything to get it off, we even tried setting it on fore but it just would not burn nor could we budge it he told her.he said looking back at Belle. His mind had been distracted there for a moment as he had looked over at Astrid he was saying as they wandered on and before he knew it they were at the front gates .

Well we made that in good time he said checking his watch as they stepped through the gates and Matt found himself back at the school he not stepped foot in , in 10 years

((so where we heading after this. I feel this story might be over and I still can't post in many places. ))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The new boy in town... (open to wandering adults)   The new boy in town... (open to wandering adults) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The new boy in town... (open to wandering adults)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2