HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

General Rules
     Getting Started
     Announcements
     Roleplay Characters
     Advertise

Common Room
     Dining Chamber
     Basement
     Inside the Palace
     Grounds

To/from Palace
     Diagon Alley
     Villeneuve
     Other

Members Lounge
     Contests
     Art & Writings

The current year is 2012.

It's currently winter.
The high is 43°F (6°C), with strong winds.
RPG-Directory

Down by the Gazebo :: (Open to all)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mademoiselle Belle

Mademoiselle Belle

Down by the Gazebo :: (Open to all) Empty
PostSubject: Down by the Gazebo :: (Open to all)   Down by the Gazebo :: (Open to all) EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 10:40 pm

Down by the Gazebo :: (Open to all) Courtyard
((The picture is of a local place in my part of the world known as the Cataract Gorge))
Belle decided it was time to explore the grounds again. It had been 11 or so years since she last trod them and she was keen to see how much they had changed over the years. So one fine day when the students had stopped for a lunch break, Belle wandered out to take a look. She wondered if that little clearing with the gazebo was still there, just down the left hand path as you walked to the end of the main courtyard that led out from the castle.

She stepped into the clearing and stopped for right in front of her was one of the most beautiful creatures in the world. A peacock, she had forgotten there were peacocks wandering around. And behind it the gazebo she had spent many a day in over the summer months.

Not wanting to startle the peacock she edged around it and made her way up the few steps that led to the gazebo. Then she took a seat and looked out over the place . . it really was the perfect place to just sit back and relax.

She watched the peacock as it strutted off. She had to smile, just another male showing off, it was weird for one never saw the peahens, yet they must be around she surmised as she pulled an apple from her bag and crunched into it .

Strange though there was no students sitting around. When her herself had been a student it had been one of her favourite places to sit and eat her lunch, or laze around in the afternoon to do ones homework. For the moment Belle had the place to herself.
Back to top Go down
Madame Lueure

Madame Lueure

PostSubject: Re: Down by the Gazebo :: (Open to all)   Down by the Gazebo :: (Open to all) EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 5:24 am

Astrid found herself walking through the Gardens of Beauxbatons singing sofly to herself. She had always adored singing, and briefly entertained the thought of starting a Beauxbatons Choir, something she hoped to discuss with some of the other Professors when she found the time.

Astrid continued walking, but soon found herself to be lost, it had been a great many years since she had walked the large outside of the Palace, and she had forgotten most of the routes, she was about to turn around and head back the way she had come, when she noticed someone sitting at the Gazebo in the secluded area of the garden, she squinted her eyes trying to make out who it was but to no avail. Astrid began walking again, avoiding the Peacock that seemed to be strutting around... It seemed males of every species suffered the same flaw, she though chuckling lightly, nearing the Gazebo.

"Belle!" She cried on arrival, "How lovely to see you again, please excuse my hastened exit last night. She apoligised, taking a seat across from her. "I was hoping to meet some students on my walk, but none seemed to be in the immediate area," She explained. hoping some might make an appearance. Then something sprung to mind.

"I was zinking about starting a choir... what do you zink?" She asked, before adding.

"Oh! You would not believe who came to see me in my office." She smiled, still relatively shocked herself.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle Belle

Mademoiselle Belle

PostSubject: Re: Down by the Gazebo :: (Open to all)   Down by the Gazebo :: (Open to all) EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 3:14 pm

Belle had pulled a book out after a bit and started reading. Reading was one of her favourite pastimes and she had many books in her possession. Most were books on potions but there were many that were just ordinary novels and today she was reading a book by the Muggle Stephen King, whom she had discovered some years ago. It was about a young man name Jake who could go back in time, though in the past he called himself George. She had always liked the way he wrote, though she did not always enjoy the stories.

So it was she did not notice Astrid as she made her way across the lawn. Her voice startled her a bit, but she lay her book down and looked up with a smile.
"Astrid! It is good to see you again too" Belle exclaimed, thinking her English was rather good this day. "And do not worry about last night. It gave me a chance to talk to Tommy. Doesn't talk much does he. Wants to talk to me about lessons, go figure. " she told the other woman.

Astrid told her she had been thinking about starting a choir.
"That is a wonderful idea. I am sure the students will love it. I myself am a terrible singer .. I sound like a cat whose tail has been stepped on. " she said and gave a laugh. Her apple was finished now and she set the core beside her to take back in later.

"hmmm, judging by the way your face lit up when you asked, I am going to say one dark and mysterious defense Professor. Is that why you ran out last night . . . are you starting to like him? " she asked. This could complicate things for Belle herself after last night had found herself interested. Yet if Astrid was interested then Belle would be there for her. She knew how to be good friend and a good friend did not go after the guy her friend liked. "That is wonderful . . what did he want? " she asked. Just don't tell me he kissed you she thought.

Belle decided it was time to change the subject. "You would think more students would be out here. This was one of my favourite paces to have lunch when I was a student myself. "
she said looking out over the lawn. For all anyone knew they could be the only two people in the world sitting here.

((*hint hint* ~ any students want to join us ))

Last edited by Mademoiselle Belle on Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Madame Lueure

Madame Lueure

PostSubject: Re: Down by the Gazebo :: (Open to all)   Down by the Gazebo :: (Open to all) EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 3:47 pm

Astrid smiled apologetically,"I didn't mean to alarm you," She began, noting the book Belle had just put down was by a Muggle, and briefly wondered whether Belle too was a fan of Muggle artefacts. "Steven King, I saw a film by 'im once... he is very vivid." She chuckled, "I love zings zat Muggles create, I even 'ave their technology... ze laptop." Astrid added, smoothing out her dress.

Astrid felt her heart pull a little, she knew that tone. It was barely their, but enough to know that Belle held some interest. Astrid nodded encouragingly, eager not allow Belle to see this. "Ah, did you learn anyzing about ze Defense 'eart throb zen?" She giggled, finding her acting skills to still be intact.

Astrid struggled to keep a straight face as Belle talked about her lack of affinity for singing, "I would not say I am ze best, but seeing as I will not be ze one singing... I 'ave nozing to fear." She said, it wasn't wholly the truth, Astrid had at once point considered a musical career, whether it be vocally or instrumentals, but she was different to Tommy in that she did not enjoy talking on her achievements.

Astrid swallowed, feeling her mouth run dry, "I did not leave because I liked him. She said simply, leaving out the bit about leaving because she felt Belle and Tommy had feelings which were reciprocated. "But you are correct in zat he came to see me... he wants me to teach him French." She said, her voice betraying her shock, she had thought that he would have gone to Belle seeing as she had mastered both languages, but she was more than thrilled.

Astrid had been about to talk more when Belle changed the subject... Astrid bit her lip, she had been careless. Belle defintely held feelings for Tommy and she felt incredibly guilty; she would have to be careful to keep herself in check when she talked about him from now on.

Astrid nodded, "Oui, it is strange, I got lost on ze way 'ere and 'ad to walk back a couple of times, and I saw no students." She agreed, rubbing her jaw.

((Join in students!))
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle Belle

Mademoiselle Belle

PostSubject: Re: Down by the Gazebo :: (Open to all)   Down by the Gazebo :: (Open to all) EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 4:24 pm

"Laptop, what is this laptop you talk about. I am afraid other than books I do not have much to do with muggle things. What does a laptop do? " she asked for she had never heard of such a thing. In a lot of ways Belle was very old world when it came to magic.

Astrid made a comment on Tommy but Belle did not answer. Heart throb she thought, what a strange phrase to use. He was good looking but heart throb would nto have a word she would have used. That Astrid did told Belle a lot . . her friend liked him that was for sure.

"That's true " she said and gave a genuine smile about Astrids comment on her singing. "You will make a fine singing teacher. If talent is not required , perhaps I could help you " she suggested but in truth she was not really that interested and she was sure Astrid would not take her up on it anyway.

"ahh, " she mused when Astrid told her about why Tommy had gone to see her. "and you agreed, yes. Why this is wonderful . . but you have to admit you like him. . how can you expect me be happy for you if you can not admit to liking him. I mean, he came to you so it must mean he likes you " she said for she remembered back to last night when Astrid had told him either her or Belle would be willing to teach him French. Tommy had made his choice it seemed, and while she herself was dismayed at the thought, she was happy for her friend.

"He would be lucky to have you " she said and found she meant it. She shook her head. So he was good looking . . it was still too soon after Luke. Even though she had been the one to walk away she still felt some loss. They had been together a long time. And if he had not done what he did they would still no doubt be together. But had she loved him . . maybe in the beginning. No the love had died but she still had feelings for Luke.

"I've never told you about Luke have I. " she asked thinking maybe it was time she talked about him .
Back to top Go down
Madame Lueure

Madame Lueure

PostSubject: Re: Down by the Gazebo :: (Open to all)   Down by the Gazebo :: (Open to all) EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 4:58 pm

Astrid in truth was not suprised that Belle had no knowledge of the Muggle technology, "It is very difficult to explain, I zink of it like a book containing everyzing in Muggle history... you must stop by to take a look." She offered, listening as Belle began to talk about the potential Choir.

"Ha! As long as you are not tone deaf, I am sure their will be no problem." She replied, though she got the feeling Belle was not truly interested.

Astrid nodded, confirming that she had agreed to Tommy's wish to learn French, "Oui. It was ze price he asked for in return for him 'elping me find my Father... nothing more zen zat." Astrid felt incredibly uncomfortable as Belle brought up her feelings for Tommy, she had never seen a successful relationship, and coupled with some awful personal memories of such things, she did not ever think she would find someone who could feel that way about her, or her about him.

"...I uh... I do not zink he came to me for anyzing other zen ze fact that I vocally volunteered my 'elp... I sort of offered your 'elp without asking... I apologise for zat." Astrid said, wringing her fingers. "I feel somezing. I just don't know what yet." She said simply. She could not tell Belle that she thought him an enigma, that she thought her were handsome, and that she wanted to ease the pain her felt ever since being bester by that witch... not yet at least... not while Astrid suspected Belle may harbor some feelings for him also.

Astrid felt herself snorting... He most certainly wouldn't be lucky to have her, she felt so lost in herself and...

"No you 'ave not... I did not want to push it, but if you need a listening ear?" She offered, glad for the distraction, she often found herself good a giving advice to other people, but awful at providing any real direction in her own life.
Back to top Go down
Avalyne Trudeau

Avalyne Trudeau

PostSubject: Re: Down by the Gazebo :: (Open to all)   Down by the Gazebo :: (Open to all) EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 5:10 pm

Ava hummed as she wandered across the grounds. The weather was surprisingly mild for winter, but it suited Ava just fine. She glanced around and made a note that the other students were absent..."Strange," she said to herself. "Maybe they're still in classes." When she drew close to the gazebo in the middle of the courtyard, she saw Madame Lueure and Mademoiselle Belle. Avalyne stopped and offered a shy smile and a quick curtsy.

"Good afternoon, Mademoiselles." The second year chewed her lip and prayed she wasn't interrupting anything important.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle Belle

Mademoiselle Belle

PostSubject: Re: Down by the Gazebo :: (Open to all)   Down by the Gazebo :: (Open to all) EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 5:24 pm

The price she had to pay for finding her father. . Belle did not believe that for one second. That and the fact Astrid bluntly did not say anything told her there was more going on her than she was willing to admit. But Belle would not push it, it easy to see she was uncomfortable with such feelings.

She said nothing though, Astrid had to admit to herself first. She decided though it was time to talk about Luke

"I met Luke just after I had started at the Apothecary. He came in for Eel eyes and he left with a date with me. He was a hunk Astid. . 6 foot 2, blonde hair. blue eyes. . 21 years of age. . he was a girl's dream " she started thinking back to her first meetings with him. "He was so much fun to be with. He would take me to parties or movies or sometimes just to places, you ever been to the Psychic Gardens. . it was one of his favourite places. " Belle continued. Yes those early years had been wonderful. There had been a time she had thought he would be the one she would marry.

"I moved in with him about a year after we started going out. He was my first . . well he's been my only " she said with a laugh "He was all I needed. We had many friends, we was always going out . . but then about 2 years ago he started seeing these people I didn't like. He brought them around and he would sit with them all night just talking. He changed Astrid . . he went from this fun loving guy I had fallen in love with to this broody man who would snap at me over anything " Belle told Astrid as she tried to think just when it had all started.

When he met Paul she thought. Now there was a man she definitively had not liked.
"He never hit me or anything . . but he became very secretive . . He said he still loved me but I dunno . . it got difficult . . . I felt trapped Astrid . . he was heading down a path I did not like. . there was no light at the end of that path . . only darkness and if I had stayed with him he would have taken me with me with him. . I need the light Astrid . . I need to know there is still hope in the world. " she said as a voice below them filtered through.

Belle looked up from her thoughts . . a student . . how much had she heard but then she shook her head and put a smile on her face

"Ah Miss Avalyne . . it is nice to see you.. beautiful day is it not. "
Back to top Go down
Madame Lueure

Madame Lueure

PostSubject: Re: Down by the Gazebo :: (Open to all)   Down by the Gazebo :: (Open to all) EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 5:36 pm

Astrid had been riveted by Belle's story, there was so much more she wished to know, so many questions she wanted to ask... when a voice broke through. Astrid smiled, the girl looked incredibly nervous, and she felt her innate mothering instinct kick in.

"Belle." Astrid whispered, so the young girl would not hear, "Would you meet with me in ze Lounge zis evening... I would like to talk to you more about Luke." She added, turning her attention quickly to the second year Belanger student in front of her.

The young girl was pretty, soft auburn curls, and light chestnut eyes with flecks of gold in them.

"Hello Miss Trudeau, 'ow lovely to see you, please come 'ave a seat with us." She beamed, beckoning the young girl over. "It is Avalyne, oui?" Astrid asked, "myself and Mademoiselle Saysnberry were wondering where all ze students were... How 'as your day been?"
Back to top Go down
Avalyne Trudeau

Avalyne Trudeau

PostSubject: Re: Down by the Gazebo :: (Open to all)   Down by the Gazebo :: (Open to all) EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 5:41 pm

Avalyne canted her head for a moment and nodded. "Oui, Mademoiselle Belle, it's very lovely. I hope I wasn't interrupting." She tucked a stray wisp behind her ear and held her bag close to her body. Her dark eyes darted from Mademoiselle Belle's face to Madame Lueure's and then back down at the toes of her light blue Mary-Janes. She smiled warmly and stepped up on the gazebo. Avalyne took a seat beside Madame Lueure and nodded. "Oui, Madame. My day has been interesting so far. It's nice being back in classes...Are you enjoying teaching at Beauxbatons?" It was refreshing to see professors outside of their offices and classrooms. While the last staff at Beauxbatons stayed within the palace, it gave the impression during Avalyne's first year that teachers were meant to be seen only in the classroom.
Back to top Go down
Madame Lueure

Madame Lueure

PostSubject: Re: Down by the Gazebo :: (Open to all)   Down by the Gazebo :: (Open to all) EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 5:56 pm

Astrid wondered whether Avalyne was normally this shy in company, of whether it was simply the fact that they were teachers, Astrid pushed this to the side however when Avalyne took a seat next to her, Astrid beamed in response, she was glad the young woman was so comfortable around her.

"I am glad to 'ear that, are you making friends?" She inquired, she remembered that she had particularly struggled in her youth, to make friends at the beginning of each school year.

Astrid nodded, "Oui, I am 'aving a wonderful time, Beauxbatons is very close to my 'eart, it was a 'onour to come back 'ere to teach." She answered truthfully.

"I don't know about you Belle, but I thought I might 'ave run into old professors ooh taught me... it seems to be mainly fresh faces." She concluded, twisting the pendant around her neck.

"So tell me Avalyne 'ow 'ave you been finding your classes so far? I believe Herr Eriksson was very impressed with your performance in Defensive Magic." She smiled, hoping that she had not embarassed Avalyne.
Back to top Go down
Avalyne Trudeau

Avalyne Trudeau

PostSubject: Re: Down by the Gazebo :: (Open to all)   Down by the Gazebo :: (Open to all) EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 6:18 pm

Avalyne nodded and chuckled. Her bag sat on her lap carefully as she crossed her ankles and tried not to fidget. She was beginning to like the new staff. They were definitely more personable than the teachers present her first year...all except one.

"I haven't had a chance to make friends with others outside of my house, but a few of the older girls and I have started settling in, getting to know each other." Ava glanced at the peacock strutting on the grounds and nodded again. "What house were you in when you were a student here?" she left the question open for both of the professors to answer.

Listening to Madame Lueure's question about the older staff members being gone, the second year student chewed her lip, her own questions buzzing around in her head. Being addressed again, she looked up and smiled sheepishly.

"Um...I enjoy them very much. It's refreshing to be challenged," she chuckled. Herr Eriksson's assignment was difficult, but fun. "Defensive magic used to be a subject I dreaded," she admitted, wondering if they had heard about the Cornish pixie incident from the year before. "Herr Eriksson doesn't seem to be used to teaching, though..." her voice grew softer as she finished her sentence. Pausing for a moment, she looked over at Mademoiselle Belle.

"I am looking forward to potions and magical botony, however..." She shifted in her spot and held onto her bag.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle Belle

Mademoiselle Belle

PostSubject: Re: Down by the Gazebo :: (Open to all)   Down by the Gazebo :: (Open to all) EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 10:21 pm

Belle did not get a chance to reply to Astrid about later tonight as she started asking Avalyne some questions. She had homework to mark and that would take time but she would try. It was quite therapeutic about talking about Luke. She felt better already about talking him. But still he was going to be hard to get over, they had been together for so long.

Best not to dwell on it she thought as she turned to second year girl.
"I have met any other professor except Madam Lueure here and ah Herr Eriksson . And I only spent years here, my last 3 years I spent at Hogwarts in Englad " she explained to Avalyne. "That is a pretty name " she added with a smile.

"Maybe they are just shy, Professor Lueure was just telling me about a choir she was wanting to start. You know Astrid it would be a good way to get students from different houses together" she said turning to the Transfiguration Professor. In fact, she thought, it would a great way to bring the students together. She looked back at Avalyne as she spoke about her DADA class.

The girl reminded her a bit of herself at that age. She too had dreaded the Defense class. It had been one of her hardest classes, that and transfiguration, yet here she was friends with the two people who now taught them

"Tommy . . ah sorry Herr Eriksson has been though a bit of late. He comes to us after many years as an Auror in England. I am glad you enjoy his lesson though. I expect he will a good teacher with what he knows and has experienced " she explained though why she was telling her any of this was a mystery to her. Just he had been on her mind a lot since last night.

"I hope you enjoy Potions and Herbology, and I look forward to seeing you in class. I will try not make them too hard but their is nothing finer than being able to create a simmering potion. " she finished off. This was really nice she thought. Students who were not too shy to sit and talk to Professors.
Back to top Go down
Madame Lueure

Madame Lueure

PostSubject: Re: Down by the Gazebo :: (Open to all)   Down by the Gazebo :: (Open to all) EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 10:37 pm

Astrid smiled "I was in Belanger like yourself." She said, wondering whether the common rooms had changed much in years of her absence, she had always enjoyed curling up there after a lengthy nights revision.

Astrid nodded, mentally thanking Belle for reminding her, "Oui, if you, or your friends would be interested, I would love to 'ave you." She encouraged, hopingthat at least if Avalyne was not interested some of her friends might be.

Astrid found herself nodding again, though found that she felt a niggling sensation of jealousy when Belle said Tommy's name. Ridiculous. "Oui. We are very lucky to 'ave someone with experience such as 'is." She confirmed, listening politely to the conversation between Avalyne and Belle, Astrid couldn't help but feel like this year might hold some exciting prospects.

"Belle, Avalyne is a pleasure to teach, you will soon see, she is what I wish all my students could be. Determined, passionate, inquistive..." She smiled.

When Astrid was younger, she was much like Avalyne, desperate and thirsty for knowledge. She hoped that she could nurture the talent she saw inside her, and knew that Belle would feel the same.
Back to top Go down
Avalyne Trudeau

Avalyne Trudeau

PostSubject: Re: Down by the Gazebo :: (Open to all)   Down by the Gazebo :: (Open to all) EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 11:28 pm

Avalyne smiled and listened intently. She was pleasantly surprised at how easy it was to be around the professors outside the classroom. "Thank-you, Mademoiselle Belle. It must be nice coming back and teaching," she sighed. "Do you miss England sometimes?"

At the mention of the possibility of a choir being started, she sat up a little straighter. "That sounds like it could be fun. I can think of a few who might be interested in joining when clubs start meeting." She flexed and pointed her toes under the bench they sat at. "There's a lot of excitement about a dueling club being started up as well."

The Belanger student seemed oblivious to the slight undercurrent of tension between the two teachers when it came to Herr Eriksson. When the subject changed, she did catch Madame Lueure's expression change just slightly, but knew it wasn't her place to ask about it.

Ava felt a little pride well up inside her when Madame Lueure told Mademoiselle Belle about her performance in the first Transfiguration lesson, and she tried to hide her flushing ears. "Yes...thank-you," she chuckled, shifting in her spot again. At the mention of a simmering potion, Ava nodded in agreement and pushed her hair behind her ear again. "You and my father would agree on that, Mademoiselle Belle. He's always going on about what would make this draught better and how the bubbles should be the slightest shade of magenta," she laughed fondly and felt a pang of homesickness. While she didn't want to admit that she enjoyed being away from home, her father and his eccentricities were what made being in her crowded house fun.

"I'm glad I returned this year," she said quietly. "My first year was such a mess I begged my parents to let me go elsewhere...but I'm honestly happy to be back." Avalyne gave her professors another small smile and smoothed out her skirt.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle Belle

Mademoiselle Belle

PostSubject: Re: Down by the Gazebo :: (Open to all)   Down by the Gazebo :: (Open to all) EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 11:48 pm

Belle smiled at the young girl "I am sure she will be a pleasure to teach. And forgive me I was in Delashmit in my years here and Ravenclaw in my time at Hogwarts. The Ravenclaw common room was in a tower would you believe. " she said first to Astrid then to Avalyne who she remembered had asked a little while ago.

The young Belanger girl went on to talk about a dueling club.
"You know Herr Eriksson would be brilliant at dueling. He would have to know all about it. " Belle said getting a little excited about it. She could pop down to his office later and suggest it. A chance to see him again would be nice but then she scolded herself at such thoughts. Astrid liked him so she needed to back down. she looked at her friend a little guiltily.

"Oh is your father into potions too " she asked of the young girl. Anything to change the subject again. She seemed to be doing a bit of that of late. " I would like to meet him one day, he seems to know what he is talking about . ." she said and gave a laugh.

"I am sure you enjoy it here this year. And keep an eye on Potions, I will be having a special class in the near future " she said and gave the girl a wink
Back to top Go down
Madame Lueure

Madame Lueure

PostSubject: Re: Down by the Gazebo :: (Open to all)   Down by the Gazebo :: (Open to all) EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 12:25 am

Astrid grinned at the interaction, it was so good to be able to connect with the students like this.

Astrid found herself agreeing again, Tommy would be an excellent choice for a duelling teacher, even if she would not want to admit it out loud, she knew that the skills he possessed were amongst the best in his field. "Oui, you should pop by 'is office Belle, and 'ave a word with 'im... I am sure you can be persuasive." She chuckled. It was important to Astrid that she did not lose her newly found friendship with Belle, over feelings she were not even 100% sure she had for Tommy.

"Oh I never told you one of my Mothers is a Potions Mistress. Astrid said noncomitally, it had never occured to her to share her Mothers professions. "What do your parents do?" Astrid inquired, directing her question at both Avalyne and Belle.

Before a thought popped into her head, "Avalyne, by any chance would you know what a laptop is?" She asked. Astrid was a huge fan of almost all things muggle, and briefly wondered whether she might like to teach it at the Beauxbatons. She yawned involuntarily, before adjusting her spine, hearing a satisfying pop.

Back to top Go down
Avalyne Trudeau

Avalyne Trudeau

PostSubject: Re: Down by the Gazebo :: (Open to all)   Down by the Gazebo :: (Open to all) EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 12:54 am

Herr Eriksson possibly being the dueling sponsor made Avalyne wilt a little; he was already so intimidating in class, and regardless of him being qualified for the position, the thought of him flinging spells made her internally cringe. "He's certainly formidable." She could hear herself almost whimper and shook her head. She would have to get over it. Chlo would certainly be involved in that club once it got off the ground.

The younger girl nodded again and stretched her limbs a little. The Belanger dormitory was up a great many staircases, but she had wondered what it would be like to climb up so many stairs up to a tower of all places. Her dark eyes went up as she entertained the thought and felt her legs ache just thinking about it. Jarred back from her thoughts by Mademoiselle Belle's comment, she chuckled. "He's a self-proclaimed potions master, but the French ministry asks him to come in occasionally as a consultant. He's a passionate sort for sure."

With a shrug she looked up at Madame Lueure and smiled sympathetically. "Did she used to blow the roof from the house, too?" Almost dreading the answer she cracked her knuckles anxiously. She hoped it wasn't out of turn to ask such a question. "My mom's a botanist of sorts. She grows a lot of plants for museums and medicine...she's a muggle," she blurted. "But surprisingly well adjusted considering all the magic going on," Ava added with a smile. "It makes Papa's potion making easier to an extent. She grows a lot of herbs and exotic plants...um...my aunt lives with us, too."

Feeling as if she had said too much at once, Avalyne chuckled and twisted a curl from her pony tail around her index finger. When Madame Lueure asked her question, she smiled and tried not to giggle when she caught sight of her face. "Yes. It's a tool muggles use for information and communicating...it's a machine made portable," she replied. Mademoiselle Belle's mention of a special potions class made her start feeling excited.
"Just out of curiosity, what clubs were you two involved in when you were students?"

Last edited by Avalyne Trudeau on Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle Belle

Mademoiselle Belle

PostSubject: Re: Down by the Gazebo :: (Open to all)   Down by the Gazebo :: (Open to all) EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 1:22 am

It was like Astrid was reading her mind and she looked sharply at her friend. here she was trying to back off so Astrid could have Tommy and here Astrid was pushing Tommy her way. So what if she had thought that herself. Maybe tonight she might just stay in . . mark the homework and forget about the both of them. Maybe if she di dthat then Astird would wander to the Teacher's Lounge and find Tommy there.

"Oh you never told me one of your mothers was a potions mistress "Belle said putting a smile on her face. There was a lot she bet she did not know about her. It made her feel weird for having said what she had about Luke. Astrid said no more on it though as she asked Avalyne a few things.

She noticed the poor girl seemed a little pale and wondered why. But it soon passed as she answered with a laugh

"well I definitively would love to meet him then " she answered with a smile. " I could tell you a few stories about blowing the roof. Well maybe not but I did blow up the poor cat once " she added and gave a laugh. It was good to hear about the students and what their families did . Avalyne continued, telling them her mother was a Botanist "really. . wow I must speak with her too, see what sort of ingredients she may have, though I am told the Greenhouse are well stocked " Belle said. "And not to mention what I have in my office" , she thought .

Avalyne seemed to know what a lap top was and she felt a but stupid for not knowing. But then why would anyone want something like that that when they had Owls. This modern world she thought . . it really did not suit her. Not that anyone would be able to tell that by looking at her . . not with the piercings and tattoos.

"Oh I wasn't really in any clubs , not even quidditch and as for dueling, that was a joke . " she said with a shrug. she had spent most of her spare time in school dabbling in a potion of some sort.
Back to top Go down
Madame Lueure

Madame Lueure

PostSubject: Re: Down by the Gazebo :: (Open to all)   Down by the Gazebo :: (Open to all) EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 1:48 am

Astrid saw the look Belle shot her way, and wrinkled her forehead in confusion, she had wanted t oask, but decided that this was neither the time nor the place, and so had let it slip by.

Astrid laughed, "We 'ave not been back zat long... zere are so many zings that I 'ave to share with you... it might interest you to know zat my other Mother is a Photgrapher." She said. It was true, she did feel increidbly comfortable sharing things with Belle, she just didn't want to bore her with life story.

Astrid smiled remembering the times her Mothers potions had gone wrong. "Ah, when my Mothers potions do not go as planned they rarely go boom! ... Rather you 'ere 'er screaming... last time she singed her eyebrows off, I couldn't look at her without laughing for an entire week... I remember she did not talk to me for a month afterwards." She reminisced, imagining all the other times her Mother had managed to protect the house, but injure herself.

"Oh thats wonderful. I love the laptop, though it does keep telling me I have a virus, and I've been to the doctor twice already." Astrid drifted off, she wished her laptop would stop telling her to get the antivirus.

"Clubs? I was in many, I used it to make friends... Charms, duelling, and transfiguration ofcourse. Astrid's eyes brightened as she remembered Quidditch, "I adored quidditch, I played Chaser during my years at Beauxbatons." She told the two, "What clubs are you 'oping to join?" Astrid questioned interestedly.
Back to top Go down
Avalyne Trudeau

Avalyne Trudeau

PostSubject: Re: Down by the Gazebo :: (Open to all)   Down by the Gazebo :: (Open to all) EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 2:15 am

"Poor kitty," she said offhandedly. Thinking back she shook her head and remembered the last explosion that occurred in the Trudeau household. It seemed when her father wasn't experimenting, her youngest brothers were attempting to "help" or rough housing in his shed. "He's had help in his mishaps..." she added rather quietly and clicked her heels together. Avalyne looked at Madame Lueure and nodded, her expression one of understanding. Often times, she wondered why her mother made a bigger fuss when Papa staggered into the house asking for his essence of Ditany and missing his eyebrows and arm hair than when there was a new, gaping "skylight" in the shed.

Ah, the adventures of wizards with muggle technology. Sometimes Avalyne wished she didn't have to feign muggle normalcy for her mother's family, but occasionally it had its perks. She patted her professor's hand and nodded. "It sounds like you need to renew your virus protection software..." she murmured and then just stop talking for fear she would confuse the professor. Glancing back over at Mademoiselle Belle, she blinked. "Last year was kind of a joke as far as lessons went," she remarked bluntly.

"I was looking forward to Quidditch this year, but I have yet to hear anything about when try-outs are...and dueling could be fun...if a little terrifying." Her voice trailed and she noticed the peacock's full plumage had been on display as if to distract herself from the mild anxiety she felt thinking about who might be sponsoring that particular club. It certainly was a lovely creature. "I don't think there's been a replacement for the flying teacher, yet. I'd love to join the choir too, if I could carry a tune," she laughed.

Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle Belle

Mademoiselle Belle

PostSubject: Re: Down by the Gazebo :: (Open to all)   Down by the Gazebo :: (Open to all) EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 5:50 am

Belle was still unsure what this laptop was all about and why it would tell Astrid she had a virus. She was even more clueless about than Astrid and did not even know it, but was glad her friend had gone to see the doctor about it. But she had not said everything was clear. Belle hoped so.

Unlike her, Astrid had been involved in a few clubs, not that Belle was jealous or anything, clubs had just been her style and if truth be told she was not that interested in getting involved with any now. She could not sing, she could not duel, she did not like flying brooms and she had never played chess in her life. Her fun was, and always had been , involved with devising potions.

Avalyne seemed interested in it all though and that was good. Young students needed to be involved in such things. Especially something like quidditch which got them outdoors. Unless they came to her and professed to have a love of Potions she would never keep a student indoors.

"I am sure they will find someone to take quidditch and flying lessons. But if Madame Lueure gets her choir started and I can convince Monsieur Eriksson to do the dueling, then that is two clubs we can get going for the school. " she said to them both. She looked at her watch and was startled to see how fast the time had gone

"Will you look at the time. Lunch always goes so fast. Miss Trudeau, it has been marvellous to meet you. Please if you ever need any guidance just drop by the office. Now you better get in, afternoon classes are starting soon and I not sure about Madame Lueure but I have homework to grade. " she said giving the girl a wink. She was one of the students getting marked and Belle sincerely hoped she had put in a good report.

"I will hopefully catch up with you later Astrid, I want to hear more of this Choir. Now don't be late fro class " she said to Astrid and Avalyne and she stood up, making sure she grabbed the apple core and with one last bow of her head, wandered back down the path, passing thr peacock as she went and getting close enough to reach out to smooth her hand down its feathers.

It did not seem to mind and actually gave a shudder after she had passed. Belle hope the afternoon would go quick . . just two more classes then she could retire to her office and down a rum and mark the lessons for the day.

((I am happy to return here at some point if everyone else is and it can stay open for anyone else wanting to use it))
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Down by the Gazebo :: (Open to all)   Down by the Gazebo :: (Open to all) Empty

Back to top Go down

Down by the Gazebo :: (Open to all)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1